Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pirates @ Tigers 4-11-2016 Game 5

If it was me I would have used K-rod for the 9th. Too long since he's pitched.

Not our day today :(

Lace them up and get them on Tuesday!!!!!!

Last edited:
Holy cow JV' s first interleaugue loss? Did I hear that right on the broadcast?

15-1 lifetime ?

Holy cow JV' s first interleaugue loss? Did I hear that right on the broadcast?

15-1 lifetime ?

They said he had like a .833 win-loss record, the highest by far, earlier in the game so I don't think 15-1 is correct.

Edit: But maybe that was just wins and not no decisions.

Last edited:
STREAKS AND STATS:

James McCann tallied two caught stealings on Monday. He has cut down four of five baserunners attempting to steal a base, most in Major League Baseball.

Justin Verlander threw more than 100 pitches and failed to make it through five innings for just the second time in his career. His first occurred on Aug. 26, 2006 during his rookie season.

In the sixth inning, the Tigers challenged a play that had initially called Cabrera out on a tag trying to advance from second to third. After a 2:07 review, the call was overturned and he was ruled safe at third. Although Cabrera appeared to go out of the baseline, jumping backward to avoid being tagged, replay umpires in New York were not allowed to consider that in their decision. It was all for nothing: The very next play, Castellanos flew out to center on a first-pitch swing.

This was Verlander's worst start since July 19, 2015 when he gave up seven runs and eight hits across 3 2/3 innings against the Baltimore Orioles.

Verlander is said to have had 25 or 26 foul balls hit off him.

I hate when that happens.

Back