Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

A's @ Tigers 4-27-2016 Game 20

STREAKS AND STATS:
J.D. Martinez's home run in the second inning marked his third of the season. It traveled an estimated 419 feet at a speed of 109 mph, according to Statcast. He also hit a 105 mph sacrifice fly in the fourth inning.

Oakland's Khris Davis hit a home run off Verlander in the fourth that found the left-center walkway. Traveling an estimated 449 feet at 113 mph per Statcast, Davis' homer landed on the top of the walkway above the Kaline sign on the brick wall in front of his statue.

Nick Castellanos' triple to leadoff the second inning marked the first triple of the year for the Tigers as a club.

Justin Verlander's third inning gave him 2137 2/3 career innings pitched, which gives him sole occupancy of ninth in team history. He passed Wild Bill Donovan, who had 2137 1/3 innings.

Jose Iglesias finished with two hits on the night, marking his first multi-hit game since April 20 and just his sixth of the year. It was also the 70th multi-hit game of his career.

Iglesias also stole a base in the fifth, his second of the season. As the Tigers only have four total, he accounts for half.

Did you guys see that Khris Davis HR? Holy crap was that a bomb. I don't think I've ever seen one hit up on the walkway by the Kaline statue.

Last edited:
edcd4e5ff18187745ba03434a435ecd6d467f067f77429095fe8d18596e4bc39.jpg

LOL! That's funny, I had never seen this one before. I don't get out much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo

His youtube channel brings the lulz! I love his prank phone calls. Especially the one where he calls the person selling a dresser and asks if they want to buy a snapping turtle. LOL

Mitch didn't seem to think it was that funny. :-(

I'm sure I'm not the only one,..

you're right.. Two thumbs up, Now three. you what is sad?, whenever I try to not be a cranky grump ass someone is always right there to slap it back down. yeee haaaaw, back to the hot garbage dumpster fire.

you're right.. Two thumbs up, Now three. you what is sad?, whenever I try to not be a cranky grump ass someone is always right there to slap it back down. yeee haaaaw, back to the hot garbage dumpster fire.

Nothing of the sort. Just didn't think it was funny. Now back to your cranky grump ass..

No reason to give up. As long as you thought it was funny don't worry about what us old, crusty bastards think.

Back