Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yankees @ Tigers 4-8-16 Game 3 (Home Opener)

Justin Upton and contact with the baseball... LOL

I think we knew going in that he is a really streaky hitter. He will have weeks where he sucks and then will mash. I would rather have consistent but beggars can't be choosers!

Nick with a 4 hit day. Actually has a higher batting average(.417) than on base percentage(.385). lol

45,049 in attendance. 4th largest at comerica wow !!!! Such a cold day too.

Last edited:
Anyone get nervous when that guy got on base in the 9th? I was actually quite calm.

Good win. Hope Zimmerman has got much more of that..

zimmerman was as advertised
Pen locked it down
Offense looking pretty good thus far overall

3-0

Anyone get nervous when that guy got on base in the 9th? I was actually quite calm.

Good win. Hope Zimmerman has got much more of that..

The only time I got nervous today was when they showed k-lop up in the pen briefly in the 9th, nervous feeling didn't last long though Ryan got it done. Lol

The only time I got nervous today was when they showed k-lop up in the pen briefly in the 9th, nervous feeling didn't last long though Ryan got it done. Lol

K-rod has to be better, eh? With that being said I do like our BP better than season. I like Wilson and Lowe.. Good acquisitions. V'Hagen could be solid as well.

13 hits and only 4 runs. I think tack on runs where a problem with the tigers last season. But the Yankees looked disinterested today getting in late last night.

Bullpen looked great.

Last edited:
13 hits and only 4 runs. I think tack on runs where a problem with the tigers last season. But the Yankees looked disinterested today getting in late last night.

Bullpen looked great.

Only time they failed was bases load and someone struck out. When most of your hits are singles, 4 runs seems fair.

K-rod has to be better, eh? With that being said I do like our BP better than season. I like Wilson and Lowe.. Good acquisitions. V'Hagen could be solid as well.

For sure, the pen won't be such a huge weakness this year IMO, would like to see k-Rod make me less nervous but it's still early hopefully it'll be fine

Misc Side note observation...I think the new neighborhood play enforcement and break up dp rule is going to end up getting more 2nd basemen hurt this year, can already see guys staying much closer and on the bag as the runner slides in instead of being clear of the slide, lots of ankle knee and foot injuries waiting to happen from that IMO

Last edited:
Back