Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yankees @ Tigers 4-8-16 Game 3 (Home Opener)

Then that's the break. Being in the area of a base and not actually touching it is ridiculous. You can't treat a base differently than the other three.

Misc Side note observation...I think the new neighborhood play enforcement and break up dp rule is going to end up getting more 2nd basemen hurt this year, can already see guys staying much closer and on the bag as the runner slides in instead of being clear of the slide, lots of ankle knee and foot injuries waiting to happen from that IMO

Maybe but those phantom tags from past seasons was all BS. Guys would miss the base by 2-3 feet.

They had just mashed the Astros before coming in, I don't think they are that bad, Zimmerman shut em down

I know, but when I look at their roster I just don't see the talent to beat the likes of Toronto, Baltimore, maybe Boston or Tampa.

I'll take and celebrate every win we can get. But I'll remain cautiously optimistic....because last year we started 11-2 and most of our starting pitchers looked like a CY Young candidate.

Last edited:
I'll take and celebrate every win we can get. But I'll remain cautiously optimistic....because last year we started 11-2 and most of our starting pitchers looked like a CY Young candidate.

And the year before that 27-12 was it?

Last edited:
IMO, it's not cautiously optimistic or straight out negative. Just enjoy each day as it comes.. Because..

IT'S BASEBALL!!

Sundays game starts at 1 PM.

Who wants to post the Game Thread?

Last edited:
Maybe but those phantom tags from past seasons was all BS. Guys would miss the base by 2-3 feet.

oh I agree some of those were ridiculous, overall I agree with these comments Girardi made the other day

"In light of how the Houston Astros lost on Friday over the new double play rule, New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi called MLB EVP Joe Torre this morning to try to get even further clarification on the new guidelines. Girardi is not positive the new stipulations are safer. "I'm not so sure middle infielders aren't in more danger than they were before," Girardi said. "Now, they have to stay on the base."

oh I agree some of those were ridiculous, overall I agree with these comments Girardi made the other day

"In light of how the Houston Astros lost on Friday over the new double play rule, New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi called MLB EVP Joe Torre this morning to try to get even further clarification on the new guidelines. Girardi is not positive the new stipulations are safer. "I'm not so sure middle infielders aren't in more danger than they were before," Girardi said. "Now, they have to stay on the base."

I'll just go with what Dubs said, "them the breaks." You're suppose to stay on the base.

Back