Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yankess @ Tigers Game 4-9-2016 Game 4

tigermud

Detroit Tigers
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Justin Upton, LF
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. Victor Martinez, DH
5. J.D. Martinez, RF
6. James McCann, C
7. Jose Iglesias, SS
8. Mike Aviles, 3B
9. Anthony Gose, CF
Pitcher: Mike Pelfrey

Yankees vs Pelfrey

New York Yankees
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Brett Gardner, LF
3. Alex Rodriguez, DH
4. Mark Teixeira, 1B
5. Brian McCann, C
6. Carlos Beltran, RF
7. Starlin Castro, 2B
8. Didi Gregorius, SS
9. Ronald Torreyes, 3B
Pitcher: CC Sabathia

Tigers vs CC

DETROIT -- Apparently Nick Castellanos' two-way day Friday earned himself a day off.

Mike Aviles will make his first start for the Detroit Tigers Saturday when they host the New York Yankees in Game 2 of their weekend series at Comerica Park (1:10 p.m., FSD+, MLB Network).

Aviles will play at third base and hit eighth in the Detroit lineup, subbing for Castellanos, who was 4-for-4 and made a nice over-the-shoulder catch in Friday's 4-0 win over New York.
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/04/detroit_tigers_lineup_mike_avi.html

Aviles is hitting .360 off CC prolly has something to do with the start today for him over Nick IMO

Game Time weather forecast 30 degrees light snow expected

Last edited:
That's one thing I hated about Leyland,A guy would have a great day at the plate and sit the next game.When you got a player hot,play him.Wait till he starts to struggle then give him a day off. Fing stupid!

Snow in grand rapids wonder if it missed detroit?

Not sure if Detroit got any last night or not, got a good 1-2 inches in the Lansing area. Another inch projected for tomorrow morning also. Then Spring is supposed to show up sometime next week I hear.

Yeah, not quite sure I agree with sitting Nick. Especially vs a lefty

Pelfrey looks pretty good out there today
Yeah, wait till second time through lineup, balls are gonna start flying out. All the guy does is throw sinkers. He is not looking that good. More like, looking lucky.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

As long as he doesn't give up 4 runs in the first 3 innings we still have a chance. All the terrible pitching last year ugggg

Get used to this when Pelfrey pitches. The guy is just not a good pitcher.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

At 4 games in, time for faith. I didn't like the signing but willing to give him a chance. He doesn't need to be top drawer, he is a number 4/5 pitcher after all.

2nd time through the line up can Pelfrey make it r get knocked out before like we seen so many times last year

Tigers 9 up 9 down, fat boy doesn't throw hard enough bats out in front of everything, take a step or two up in the box and rip em

Soft tosen lefties still tigers nemesis

Last edited:
Pelfrey done, farmer coming in, pelfrey was terrible today

Back