Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ pirates 4-14-16 Game 8

Tigers beat the pirates 7 - 4.
6 shutout innings for Zimmerman,
Castellanos with a Bomb + 4 RBI,
TigersVictoryCigar!!!!!

For getting pretty much nothing out of Miggy so far this season, I'd say we've had a pretty good start.

STREAKS AND STATS:
Ian Kinsler now has at least one hit in seven of the Tigers' eight games this year. Of those, he has multiple hits in give games.

Kinsler's stolen base in the eighth inning was the team's first of the 2016 season.

With two walks, J.D. Martinez has safely reached base in all eight Tigers games this season. Seven of those have been hits and four of those have been multi-hit games.

With a sixth-inning single Justin Upton now has at least one hit in seven of eight games. Four have an extra-base hit. With a K in the ninth he has struck out at least once in every game.

Nick Castellanos had three hits on first-pitch offerings. He's now 5-for-10 with two HR and five RBI when he swings at the first pitch this year.

The Tigers have scored four or more runs during each of their first eight games, doing so for the first time since 2004. They're up to 49 runs on the year.

I learned two things in this thread:

1.) The Tigers are 4-0 on the road and I'm super excited about it.

2.) There are still people on this earth who haven't seen Dumb and Dumber.

giphy.gif

Back