Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Astros 4-17-16 Game 11

biggunsbob

Preview
http://espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=360417118
Lineups shortly

Tigers

2b-Kinsler
LF-Upton
1b-Cabrera
DH-Victor Martinez
RF-JD Martinez
3B-Catellanos
C-Saltalamacchia
CF-Gose
SS Iglesias

P Sanchez

Astros

2B- Altuve
RF- Springer
LF- Rasmus
1B-White
DH- Gattis
3B-Valbuena
SS-Gonzalez
C-Kratz
CF-Marisnick

P-Fiers

Last edited:
I don't know where we finish, but I do think that getting off to a good start was very important this season. The team looks solid this season and the BP is vastly improved.

I agree with you J. Division looks pretty tough although I think the White Sox may be playing a tad over thier head . But heck the Indians in 4th at over ,500 too. It so nice to have a decent bullpen for a change.

Last edited:
Lol, Kinsler purposely drops the infield fly to get a better runner off the base paths and they let him get away with it.

5 - 3 bottom of the 5th runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out and Sanchez closing in on 100 pitches.
awful.

I'm already tired of his striking out. That's what twice today he k'd with runners on and 2 outs and Miggy has to lead off the next inning.
18 strikeouts in 47 at bats.

Aren't we leading the AL in runs scored per game?

You can lead the league in runs scored, but Wins count more.
They didn't score enough today did they.
and we were talking about walks and strikeouts.

Last edited:
You can lead the league in runs scored, but Wins count more.
They didn't score enough today did they.
and we were talking about walks and strikeouts.

I'm curious to your hatred of Nick. You seem to take a lot of shots at him and usually you're not like that about players.

I'm curious to your hatred of Nick. You seem to take a lot of shots at him and usually you're not like that about players.

I think we went down this path last year. I don't hate him, I do get upset when players are not at least average in the field.
Batting, you're going to fail 7 out of 10 times and be successful in the game. But there really isn't any excuse to not be good at fielding your position. Raburn was like that and I was on him alot.
I want to see Castellanos do good and improve, for his own confidence, but like all of us here, I too get frustrated and even though none of you can here me swearing at the tv or the players, I get frustrated too.
Whether he is still evolving as a player which I think he is, where he will imo improve his walks rate, and defense, there really is know excuse for bad fielding. Kaline used to say this all the time and probably still will if asked.
He would go 0 for 4, but said he could make up for a bad day at the plate defensively.
I get that it bothers you to read it, but where else can we post good or bad about a player and what he did or should have done?

I think we went down this path last year. I don't hate him, I do get upset when players are not at least average in the field.
Batting, you're going to fail 7 out of 10 times and be successful in the game. But there really isn't any excuse to not be good at fielding your position. Raburn was like that and I was on him alot.
I want to see Castellanos do good and improve, for his own confidence, but like all of us here, I too get frustrated and even though none of you can here me swearing at the tv or the players, I get frustrated too.
Whether he is still evolving as a player which I think he is, where he will imo improve his walks rate, and defense, there really is know excuse for bad fielding. Kaline used to say this all the time and probably still will if asked.
He would go 0 for 4, but said he could make up for a bad day at the plate defensively.
I get that it bothers you to read it, but where else can we post good or bad about a player and what he did or should have done?

I get it, but I haven't seen him make any bad plays in the field yet this year.

Always hate to lose a series, but Houston is a solid team.

lets go take at least 2 of 3 from the Royals now.

I get it, but I haven't seen him make any bad plays in the field yet this year.

OK. Let me just say I have a more critical pair of eyes and leave it at that.

I'm going to finish a cigar, have a bite to eat and take a 90 minute nap.

I want to in advance apologize for any future outbursts in posts about Nick.
When he makes a great play I will be one of the first to cheer him. When he lets a GB get by him with his slow first step I will be frustrated and bitch.

Castellanos isn't the only Tigers player who gets my attention good or bad.

OK? Peace out.

Back