Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Royals 4-19-2016 Game 12

Miggy K's 4 times tonight. When was the last time or how often has that ever happened to him?

Found it. Miguel Cabrera's four strikeouts tonight against Kansas City Royals ties his single-game high, according to ESPN Stats and Info. Tigers slugger has done it three times previously, in 2003 (Brewers) 2010 (White Sox) and 2014 (White Sox).

STREAKS AND STATS:
Justin Upton's strikeout in the seventh inning (his second of the day) was his 22nd of the season, good enough for second-most in baseball behind only the Rockies' Trevor Story.

With his single in the fifth inning, Ian Kinsler extended his hit streak to seven games. He has recorded a hit in 11 of the Tigers' 12 games, with six multi-hit games.

J.D. Martinez has also gotten a hit in 11 of 12 games with his single in the first inning. He drew a walk in his lone hitless game, so he has reached base safely in every game this season.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia's seventh-inning home run was his first right-handed dinger of the season. It was his fifth overall, and third in his last three games.

With his two RBI, Miguel Cabrera has tied Jim Rice for 61st-most in MLB history.

Miggy K's 4 times tonight. When was the last time or how often has that ever happened to him?

That f'n pos herrera. I tweeted him in spanish that fucking asshole.

Lol, good!

Yeah no kidding 4k's I'm not so sure that has ever happened, lol..I hope this gets miggy pissed and gets him going already

Post game victor says he's fine it just hurt like hell, of course just how fine we'll never know, guess will find out by seeing if he starts to ginger it again on the swing..guessing he's out at least for tomorrow after its prolly all sore as shit in the morning

Last edited:

Found it. Miguel Cabrera's four strikeouts tonight against Kansas City Royals ties his single-game high, according to ESPN Stats and Info. Tigers slugger has done it three times previously, in 2003 (Brewers) 2010 (White Sox) and 2014 (White Sox).

Wow, sluggish start for him is a bit surprising

Last edited:
The Tigers definitely had their chances but couldn't come through. Miggy with the bases loaded with one out and strikes out on 3 pitches. Victor comes up twice with bases loaded and only get one run because he gets hit by a pitch.

The Tigers definitely had their chances but couldn't come through. Miggy with the bases loaded with one out and strikes out on 3 pitches. Victor comes up twice with bases loaded and only get one run because he gets hit by a pitch.

And KCR does not score 3 runs if Salty catches the throw from Upton. I am amazed no error was on the play. They had slow footed Morales dead to rights. The hop was not all that difficult.

And KCR does not score 3 runs if Salty catches the throw from Upton. I am amazed no error was on the play. They had slow footed Morales dead to rights. The hop was not all that difficult.

I didn't see that play

another day off for Castellanos,Aviles 0-4

Last edited:
Want to know what struggling is, .220 .333 .340 .673. Mike Trout. Compared to that, Miggy's the man.

Want to know what struggling is, .220 .333 .340 .673. Mike Trout. Compared to that, Miggy's the man.

Trout looks to have pulled out of his slump.

.317 .400 .596 .996

Miggy still struggling (for him)

.275 .343 .459 .802

Back