Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Indians @ Tigers 4-22-2016 Game 15

tigermud

Game Time: 7:10
TV: Fox Sports Detroit-Plus
Forecast: Moatly Cloudy 56

Detroit (8-6)

Kinsler 2B
Upton LF
Cabrera 1B
Victor Martinez DH
JD Martinez RF
Castellanos 3B
Collins CF
B Wilson C
Iglesias SS

P: Verlander 1-1 7.16

Cleveland (6-7)

Santana, DH
Kipnis, 2B
Lindor, SS
Napoli, 1B
Gomes, C
Byrd, LF
Chisenhall, RF
Uribe, 3B
Naquin, CF

P: Josh Tomlin 1-0 1.80

Game Notes

-The Tigers start a seven-game home stand tonight. After a three-game set with Cleveland, and will remember longtime broadcaster Paul Carey prior to tonight's game with an on-field tribute at approximately 6:50 p.m. A flag bearing Carey's initials will be raised on the centerfield flag pole and will be flown throughout the season.

-Can Justin Verlander bounce back against Cleveland? Last season, he went 0-2 in three starts against the Indians. In his latest start this season (against Houston), Verlander got the win. He gave up three runs in six innings, striking out eight.

-The Tigers went 11-7 against the Indians in 2015. That .611 winning percentage was the Tigers' best against any American League team last year.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/04/detroit_tigers_indians.html

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2016/04/22/detroit-tigers-cleveland-indians/83375432/

Already cranky just seeing career .203 hitter Wilson in the lineup over Salty, Not a big fan of giving hot hitters days off, not at all, every game matters! shouldn't be about keeping guys fresh, F that, wins are hard to come by, backups are backups they should play only when needed. The best lineup you can field should be out there at all times possible, keep fresh in the workout room and run 5 miles a day or something. Agree/Disagree?

ok with Collins in over Goose, IMO they might be planning to send Goose down over Collins when Maybin is ready, i'm on board with that.

anyway, given the crankiness i'm going to the bar to watch this one. Let's get it going Upton and Miggy! Offense can't thrive without ya

Verlander is all over the place. Can't blame that on new Catcher.
25 pitches average per inning not good. 80 Fucking pitches through 3 fucking innings.
Try a Split Finger.

Last edited:
Just got in and it's the same thing. Tigers just can not hit. But some thing even more, where are the walks? As a team 11th place with 41 only 5 ahead of last place!

It took 28 pitches to get the 8th but JW holds them. Lets get some eyes up this inning and put some base runners on and score runs!

Talk about a weak bench. Only Zimmerman has a better batting average than Cabrera. So I guess Cabrera's .224 will bat leadoff in the 9th.

Damn it man this hitting is frustratingly bad right now

Need a two out dinger..

Home plate ump eric cooper has had it in for the Tigers before.
Two pitches in Miggy's last at bat, one was way low, and other outside and called strikes.

Tigers still can't do shit, f'n ausmus "isn't going to panic and drop upton in the batting order".
I am so sick of f'n ausmus.

stat line for Verlander. 118 pitches, 10 k's but fucked early with terrible command.

Don't worry we will break out with a 16 hit attack one of these games this weekend and some will act like we have this great offense like last seasons great run scoring team lol..

Last edited:
Home plate ump eric cooper has had it in for the Tigers before.
Two pitches in Miggy's last at bat, one was way low, and other outside and called strikes.

Tigers still can't do shit, f'n ausmus "isn't going to panic and drop upton in the batting order".
I am so sick of f'n ausmus.

stat line for Verlander. 118 pitches, 10 k's but fucked early with terrible command.

2-0 pitch was so low it was not even funny.

Tigers lose again
Miggy still isn't hitting for jack diddly shit.
What a joke, it's going to another long disappointing season I'm afraid
I'd fire assmus just for giving hot hitters off time if it were up to me, which it's not

Keeping guys fresh > putting best offensive lineup out there each and every night

Stupid.

Last edited:
STREAKS AND STATS:
Justin Upton's looking strikeout in the fourth was his 26th of the year, which leads Major League Baseball.

Ian Kinsler's leadoff single in the sixth gave him a 10-game hitting streak. He has at least one hit in 14 of the first 15 games of the year. He's also the first Tigers player to hit safely in 14 of the team's first 15 games of a season since Tony Phillips did it in 1993.

Friday night marked Verlander's 30th career game with 10-or-more strikeouts. His last was on July 29, 2015 versus the Rays in a 2-1 win with 10 strikeouts.

Hell I knew as soon as I saw Wilson in the line up it was a loss, f'!n assmus

Hell I knew as soon as I saw Wilson in the line up it was a loss, f'!n assmus

It's always the manager's fault. Can't give a catcher a day off? Wilson was going to catch one game this series. Does it really matter which one? All three starters are RH pitchers.

It's always the manager's fault. Can't give a catcher a day off? Wilson was going to catch one game this series. Does it really matter which one? All three starters are RH pitchers.

You manage to win the game not rest hot hitters, hasn't salty already had three off now since filling in nicely for McCann? Good gawd man, he'll have plenty of rest once McCann comes back soon anyway, what's the point of starting the back up injury replacement before he goes back to Toledo? Kinsler hasn't had a day off yet, should start lettuce at 2nd tomorrow. Miggy could use a day off, or wait till he gets hot first then give him one

sorry I'm unimpressed with Brad

Crankymud

Last edited:
It certainly wasn't the pitchers fault this game. Offense just died.

Back