Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mr. I wants Leyland back?

What is it with Detroit and bringing back re-treads? Are they going to go after Juan Gonzalez again?

Let the guy live his retirement in peace. Find someone else.

I would not be surprised by this rumor. I can see it happening because of the money shelled out in off-season. Desperate times in the first month.

IMO, problem is not Ausmus, he is just not a viable solution moving forward. Leyland would definitely light a fire under these turds. This is as good a time as any to fire Ausmus.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't put much stock into the whole "lighting a fire stuff." It's a 180 game season. Even Leyland did the whole closed door thing once or twice a season.

They are professionals, and this is a pretty veteran team. If they need motivation, they need to find another sport.

My patience with Ausmus is already gone as well, I would be surprised if Leyland comes back though, can't hurt to ask I guess, I think he will probably say no thanks.

IMO there is what the regular line up should be if Brad had any clue

1. Iggy
2. Kinsler
3. Miggy
4. JD
5. Victor
6. Nick
7. Salty/McCann
8. Upton
9. Gose/Collins/Maybin

Flip flopping 7 and 8 would be ok as well. either way.. Get a clue Brad.

I think they'd still be average with a new manager. With that said, they need someone. But I'll let Ausmus finish the season. Promoting a guy from the bench imo isn't any better.

I got the impression there was some issue with respect or leadership from the team, which prompted the closed door meeting, and was followed by Miggy and Upton being benched for the day. I have to imagine that Mr. I wasn't too happy seeing two of his highest paid superstars riding pine on Sunday as Cleveland completed their sweep in Comerica Park. Plus, it always seemed to me that the Ausmus hiring was fully driven by Dombrowski in order to save his own neck.

I got the impression there was some issue with respect or leadership from the team, which prompted the closed door meeting, and was followed by Miggy and Upton being benched for the day. I have to imagine that Mr. I wasn't too happy seeing two of his highest paid superstars riding pine on Sunday as Cleveland completed their sweep in Comerica Park. Plus, it always seemed to me that the Ausmus hiring was fully driven by Dombrowski in order to save his own neck.

I haven't heard anything like that. Did you read it somewhere?

I haven't heard anything like that. Did you read it somewhere?

I had heard Brad held a lengthy closed door meeting after Saturday's loss. Miggy and Upton were both out of the lineup Sunday.

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/am...ruggles-just-one-sign-growing-issues-detroit/

This article says Ilitch was strongly against the Leyland to Ausmus move back in '13 when DD pitched it, supposedly saying it was like letting a child drive a Rolls Royce. There is a good bit about what supposedly went down with all that in here.

http://detroitsportsrag.net/behind-the-scenes-of-the-mike-ilitchdave-dombrowski-divorce/

I had heard Brad held a lengthy closed door meeting after Saturday's loss. Miggy and Upton were both out of the lineup Sunday.

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/am...ruggles-just-one-sign-growing-issues-detroit/

This article says Ilitch was strongly against the Leyland to Ausmus move back in '13 when DD pitched it, supposedly saying it was like letting a child drive a Rolls Royce. There is a good bit about what supposedly went down with all that in here.

http://detroitsportsrag.net/behind-the-scenes-of-the-mike-ilitchdave-dombrowski-divorce/

a child driving a Rolls Royce? This team is more like a 1968 Mustang Cobra. Of course it is a Cobra that is put together with bondo, a rusted frame and cracked engine block. Mr I paid top dollar for his Cobra but it's really a piece of shit.

a child driving a Rolls Royce? This team is more like a 1968 Mustang Cobra. Of course it is a Cobra that is put together with bondo, a rusted frame and cracked engine block. Mr I paid top dollar for his Cobra but it's really a piece of shit.

But when Ausmus took over, it was coming off a Rolls Royce season.

you know what the problem is?

nobody knows what the problem is

Tigers can't hit, can't pitch, and can't figure out what's wrong. That's a problem.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2016/4/...ers-anibal-sanchez-matt-boyd-roster-decisions

DETROIT -- To say the Detroit Tigers clubhouse carried a tense atmosphere on Saturday would be an understatement. What few players remained after the team's latest loss resembled that of a last-placed Sept. 2015 team rather than one less than a month into the 2016 season. The players, and their manager, are frustrated.

"I don?t like to lose," manager Brad Ausmus said after the game. "Nobody likes to lose. We?ve lost three in a row, and got our asses kicked today. I don?t like it."

Anibal Sanchez can't command the strike zone, an issue prevalent with most of the starting staff for the last 10 games. Justin Upton has become a strikeout machine for all the wrong reasons. The offense couldn't hit a beach ball right now. There's good reason for frustration, and an urgency to fix the problems as quickly as possible.

It's baseball. It's suppose to be fun and relaxing. You want frustration spend time on the Lions board in September.

It's baseball. It's suppose to be fun and relaxing. You want frustration spend time on the Lions board in September.

It's anything but fun and relaxing, hot garbage dumpster fires aren't fun to watch, years and years of losing take a huge toll. Lions obviously much worse than the Tigers over the years. I guess if it's no longer fun maybe it's just time to let go and find something better to do with the time. Berry knew, Calvin knows, Miggy prolly up and retire on us next, he doesn't look like he's having any fun anymore. Through the ups and downs of a long season every year eventually ends the same anyway, on a sour note.

thinking-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
But when Ausmus took over, it was coming off a Rolls Royce season.

2014 a Rolls Royce season? I remember a team that did win 90 games but only beat the Royals by a game. Then they proceeded to get swept in the first round of the playoffs

It's anything but fun and relaxing, hot garbage dumpster fires aren't fun to watch, years and years of losing take a huge toll. Lions obviously much worse than the Tigers over the years. I guess if it's no longer fun maybe it's just time to let go and find something better to do with the time. Berry knew, Calvin knows, Miggy prolly up and retire on us next, he doesn't look like he's having any fun anymore. Through the ups and downs of a long season every year eventually ends the same anyway, on a sour note.

thinking-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif
Years and years of losing? Before last season they won 4 division titles in a row. They went to 2 WS in the last decade, more than most teams. Not sure I'd call it a dumpster file..

Not my quote, just parroting what the article said.

Years and years of losing? Before last season they won 4 division titles in a row. They went to 2 WS in the last decade, more than most teams. Not sure I'd call it a dumpster file..

This year is a dumpster fire. They aren't that good. winning the div 4 times and going to the WS twice was great, unfortunately they all ended in embarrassment, whether it be pitchers throwing the ball all over the infield, getting swept in RD one or turning in top 5 all time worst post season offense performances getting consistently shut down by soft tos'en lefties. Which by the way they still years later have a problem with. lol.

All in all, hey hence like I said "Lions much more so than the Tigers" At least they won some division titles and got to the WS, I am grateful for that, it's unfortunate they never quite got it completed. Better to get there and lose than to have never gotten there at all? Yeah probably... that was then, this is now, now is back to the dumpster fires

This year is a dumpster fire. They aren't that good. winning the div 4 times and going to the WS twice was great, unfortunately they all ended in embarrassment, whether it be pitchers throwing the ball all over the infield, getting swept in RD one or turning in top 5 all time worst post season offense performances getting consistently shut down by soft tos'en lefties. Which by the way they still years later have a problem with. lol.

All in all, hey hence like I said "Lions much more so than the Tigers" At least they won some division titles and got to the WS, I am grateful for that, it's unfortunate they never quite got it completed. Better to get there and lose than to have never gotten there at all? Yeah probably... that was then, this is now, now is back to the dumpster fires

17 games in. In-fact just the past 7-9 games have been underwhelming. I guess I just can't get upset with the Tigers because I've seen the other side, the Lions.

Back