Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mr. I wants Leyland back?

I have to say that '68 and '84 overshadow the disappointment of '87, '06, and 2009-present, even though there were times I was pretty frustrated at selected times (B-8 of G2 of 2013 ALCS) and Sanchez's 30-pitch inning in the '14 ALDS (and putting Chamberlain in the 8th) ... but overall '68 and '84 can never be taken from us.

Agree. '84 is always in my memory. I was 3 in '68. Pretty sure I didn't know what baseball was.

I was in 2nd grade in 68'. I was down range Fort Carson in 84'. I was in Afghanistan in 2006. 2012 was the only World Series I was able to watch all the games and that was a bitter pill to swallow.

When you are young and your team(s) win, all is right. You can't wait and think they will do it again. Following the Tigers since 1954 and only 2 World Champions and the last in 1984, and myself getting older a year and a half from 70, getting 2 chances recent years 2006 and 2012 and losing both,
I guess you can say I am kind of bitter about it.

2006 was such a surprise in the sense that that were an up and coming team. 2012 was a real stunner and the Red Sox failure and the following year were tough to swallow.

That said my team competed. Having had teams win titles somewhat recently (red wings, pistons, buckeyes (yep), I am happy enough with sports.

I don't always look back at all the negatives but try and find the good times. Only one team can win it all.

Back