Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs A's 4/25 Game 18

Not sure about the temp in Detroit...but it was a pretty warm day. Wasn't it last year when they couldn't hit in cold weather?

Upton ends up with an error because Collins can't track a ball hit right fucking at him.

The way they do errors in baseball is weird. Collins fucks up not seeing the ball and Upton screws up on the play and Zimmerman gets screwed. That run shouldn't count against Zimmerman but it does.

Listening to the game on the radio but they are saying on twitter that Collins flipped off the crowd pretty clearly for booing him. Anyone see this?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Listening to the game on the radio but they are saying on twitter that Collins flipped off the crowd pretty clearly for booing him. Anyone see this?

didn't see it but if he did he should be on a bus to Toledo soon.

The way they do errors in baseball is weird. Collins fucks up not seeing the ball and Upton screws up on the play and Zimmerman gets screwed. That run shouldn't count against Zimmerman but it does.

I don't see where Collins fucked up. He clearly never saw the ball. It happens. It was a physical mistake. Upton on the other hand has no excuse. His was a mental miscue. He never really made an effort on backing up the play until it was too late and then he misplayed the ball. Had he been charging on the ball until being called off, the ball might still drop, but the runner doesn't even get a double.

Yup, just saw it.

Not on TV...I doubt they show it now.

I don't see where Collins fucked up. He clearly never saw the ball. It happens. It was a physical mistake. Upton on the other hand has no excuse. His was a mental miscue. He never really made an effort on backing up the play until it was too late and then he misplayed the ball. Had he been charging on the ball until being called off, the ball might still drop, but the runner doesn't even get a double.

I get that you like Collins, but that ball was a routine fly hit directly at him. He fucked up

physical mistake or mental error...still didn't do his job on a very routine play. That was my only point.

And there's another thing that drives me nuts. If the pitcher is the player with the error...it should still be an earned run. It was HIS mistake so he actually earned the run.

physical mistake or mental error...still didn't do his job on a very routine play. That was my only point.

And Upton didn't do his job on a routine play.

Bottom line, anyone who ever has played under the light know that fielders occasionally loose the ball in the lights, especially when hit directly at you. It happens. Those on the flanks (Upton), should have better views on the ball and at least should be directing the fielder to where the ball is. Upton clearly failed in that regards as well.

Bottom line it is being hypercritical of Collins without merit. If in fact he never saw the ball once it got in the lights, how exactly is it his fault?

Tigers starter Jordan Zimmermann did surrender a run in the sixth, but still a pretty impressive feat: his scoreless streak ends at 24 1/3 innings, the longest ever by a pitcher to start his time with the Tigers, according to Elias Sports Bureau.

With concurrent bombs from both Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez in the fifth inning, the Tigers have now hit back-to-back home runs for the 2nd time this season. The last time was the season-opener on April 5 at Miami, in the ninth inning.

My uncle just posted on Facebook "just got flipped off by Collins and with some choice words".

And Upton didn't do his job on a routine play.

Bottom line, anyone who ever has played under the light know that fielders occasionally loose the ball in the lights, especially when hit directly at you. It happens. Those on the flanks (Upton), should have better views on the ball and at least should be directing the fielder to where the ball is. Upton clearly failed in that regards as well.

Bottom line it is being hypercritical of Collins without merit. If in fact he never saw the ball once it got in the lights, how exactly is it his fault?

I'm not being hypercritical of Collins. I don't know why he lost it or never saw it. Maybe he wasn't paying attention or maybe he just isn't used to playing CF in Comerica at night. All that said...it was a very routine play that is made 99% of the time yet it hurts the pitchers stats. That is all I was saying. I said they both fucked up, maybe one was mental and one was physical...but they both fucked up.

Back