Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs A's 4/25 Game 18

Cg7lV3JWkAEWFDW.jpg:large

I saw him moving his hands around as if he was making excuses was the impression I had at the time, was still gesturing even two plays later.. Now just prior to all that he had just got done ending the previous inning by striking out and slamming him helmet down, I'm not going to rule out the possibility he was still thinking about how shitty he's doing at the plate just before the ball was hit to him that he didn't see

???

Last edited:
I saw him moving his hands around as if he was making excuses was the impression I had at the time, was still gesturing even two plays later.. Now just prior to all that he had just got done ending the previous inning by striking out and slamming him helmet down, I'm not going to rule out the possibility he was still thinking about how shitty he's doing at the plate just before the ball was hit to him that he didn't see

???

The clip on twitter that has everyone abuzz is inconclusive. He is walking backwards looking to his right when he makes the gesture. Was he talking with and gesturing to Upton when he was returning to his position? He certainly wasn't standing facing the outfield wall.

And I will also state, it is possible he flipped someone off.

If he did. And the Tigers knew it and he was allowed the remain in the game, then there is more to the story than his supposed gesture.

On yahoo they're saying he said "fuck everyone here" according to lip readers

The clip on twitter that has everyone abuzz is inconclusive. He is walking backwards looking to his right when he makes the gesture. Was he talking with and gesturing to Upton when he was returning to his position? He certainly wasn't standing facing the outfield wall.

If he did. And the Tigers knew it and he was allowed the remain in the game, then there is more to the story than his supposed gesture.

He clearly mouths "Fuck everybody" while he does it.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...tigers-tyler-collins-flips-off-fans/83524434/

At the time it all happened I saw him gesturing to upton more than anything else as if to explain what happened. If he flipped off fans or mouthed to f everyone I didn't notice at the time, also not saying he didn't, he may very well have, if he did he's probebly done in Detroit

Storm may get me soon. Prolly going to knock the power out damit

Last edited:
At the time is all happened I saw him gesturing to upton more than anything else as if to explain what happened. If he flipped off fans or mouthed to f everyone I didn't notice at the time, also not saying he didn't, he may very well have, if he did he's probebly done in Detroit

Storm may get me soon. Prolly going to knock the power out damit

He certainly did it

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/724775742278668288

lol. When you're a Mud Hen filling in for a major league player...flipping off the crowd is a huge "error"

STREAKS AND STATS:
Jordan Zimmermann opened the game with a scoreless first, handing him 20 1/3 scoreless frames to start his career as a Tiger. The streak sets a new record as the longest streak in franchise history for a new Tigers player.

Miguel Cabrera's homerless streak was snapped with his first-inning home run. His last had been on April 8, which was also his first of the year.

Cabrera's home run also snapped an 0-for-12 hitless streak, dating back to his last hit on April 20 at KC when the Tigers beat the Royals. That was also the last time the Tigers won a game.

Cabrera' double in the third inning gave him his first multi-hit game since April 16 when he went 3-for-5 with a double in a 5-3 win over the Astros. He had gone seven games without multiple hits in a game.

Cabrera and Victor Martinez's back-to-back home runs, marking the first occasion Tigers have gone back-to-back since April 5 vs. the Marlins in the ninth inning.

Cabrera's second homer marked his first multi-homer game since May 14, 2015 when he hit two and finished with five RBI in a 13-1 win over the Twins. It was his 34th multi-homer game of his career, and his 25th as a Tiger.

Miguel Cabrera finished with a four-hit day. His last was on April 12, 2015 vs. Cleveland, when he also hit two home runs and had four RBI.

Nick Castellanos' stolen base in the second inning was the third of his career and his first since June 30, 2014.

Ausmus on Collins flipping the bird: "It's clearly something that can't happen." Said it was addressed immediately and again after game.

And there's another thing that drives me nuts. If the pitcher is the player with the error...it should still be an earned run. It was HIS mistake so he actually earned the run.

I always agreed on that. As far as Collins the old rule has always been if you don't touch it it's not an error.

I think the heaping on Collins by the media in regards to evaluating his apology is simply extending the story needlessly. The guy snapped and is sorry for snapping.

Back