Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

A's @ Tigers Game 4-28 2016 Game 21

Oakland

CF burns
2B Lowrie
RF Reddick
Dh Davis
C vogt
LF canha
3B Coghlan
1B Alonso
SS Semien

P Bassitt.

Tigers

2B Kinsler
RF Martinez
1B Cabrera
Dh Martinez
LF Upton
3B Castellanos
C Saltalamacchia
SS Iglesias
CF Gose

P Sanchez

Last edited:
Hopefully these guys show up again

supermartinezbros.png

Lol yup.!! Seems like all or nothing from this lineup.

Kinsler you suck too now get a hit like Gose.

Last edited:
Damn s bomb to center by Upton just s long out in Comerica.

Upton has sucked including a ton of his strikeouts...but he has hit some balls hard lately. Nick has been really good so far this year. I would love to see this be his break out year. If he can hit like this we can live with his defense.

Been a little wild but 2 runs not so bad. Nice hitting as well.. biggest surprise has to be Nick. Still getting it done.

Kyle Ryan has been pretty solid so far this year.

Really the pen has been pretty good save Ver Hagen and the closer

Kyle Ryan has been pretty solid so far this year.

Really the pen has been pretty good save Ver Hagen and the closer

Yes, we got some nice pieces. I think V'Hagen can be good as well. Seems to have some good stuff. Those first 5 outings he had was nice. But I feel more comfortable than I did with last years pen..

How rare is an outing with three or fewer hits, but seven or more walks and nine or more strikeouts? Sanchez became just the second Major League pitcher to hit those marks in a game in 10 years.
Oakland's Sonny Gray walked seven and struck out 10 over 6 2/3 scoreless innings of two-hit ball on May 3 of 2015.

So which is it?
No Tiger Pitcher had done it since Bill Laxton walked seven and struck out nine over 7 1/3 innings of one-hit relief on May 21, 1976.
JasonBeck
Sanchez was the first Tigers starter to walk seven and strike out nine in the same start since Jack Morris against Texas on April 14, 1988.
espn

Last edited:
STREAKS AND STATS:
Anibal Sanchez's seven walks were the second-highest of his career in a single game. His highest came on Sept. 28, 2009 when he walked eight while with the Miami Marlins.

Anthony Gose's double in the third inning marked his first non-home run extra-base hit of the season. He later homered in the fourth, his second of the season.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia's triple in the fifth was the sixth of his career, and his first since Sept. 12, 2012, when he was still with the Boston Red Sox. He also homered and had a double in that game.

Back