Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lol @OleMiss

That was only a matter of time, tbh.

Several years ago when they landed Treadwell, Nkemdichi, etc. it was fairly easy to see something fishy was going on. They were a horrible team with not a lot of upside and all of sudden pulled in a top 5-10 class - whatever it was. Ole Miss has a bit of tradition, but nothing to the point where they should pull in that many big fish in one class.

SAW-IT-COMING.jpg

Several years ago when they landed Treadwell, Nkemdichi, etc. it was fairly easy to see something fishy was going on. They were a horrible team with not a lot of upside and all of sudden pulled in a top 5-10 class - whatever it was. Ole Miss has a bit of tradition, but nothing to the point where they should pull in that many big fish in one class.

Not only that, but someone, maybe Nate Silver, showed that their talent distribution was a statistical anomaly. Usually, if a team lands a top recruit for a position, the other recruits for that position are also decent (because recruits are going there for some reason, like a great coach). But Ole Miss would have a top recruit and then a huge drop off to their number 2 guy.

Ole Miss may also try to drag some others down with them, which would be hilarious. Let the SEC bonfire begin.

I know I've posted about this before but don't recall if it was on her or the MSU board. One of my cousin's best friends teaches at Crete Monee, the high school Laguan Treadwell went to. Anyway the story going around school when he signed was that he got paid really well for his commitment.

Ole Miss may also try to drag some others down with them, which would be hilarious. Let the SEC bonfire begin.

i wouldn't be so sure. I don't expect this to change much, if anything. It's not like the Alabama network of bagmen are suddenly going to stop doing what they're doing. They're probably happy to see this - if they had the opporutnity, I wouldn't doubt if they helped expose them. Sort of like how the drug dealers sacrifice a few mules to make the cops look like they're doing their jobs...

i wouldn't be so sure. I don't expect this to change much, if anything. It's not like the Alabama network of bagmen are suddenly going to stop doing what they're doing. They're probably happy to see this - if they had the opporutnity, I wouldn't doubt if they helped expose them. Sort of like how the drug dealers sacrifice a few mules to make the cops look like they're doing their jobs...

Exactly what I said. Bama, LSU, Florida, Auburn and so forth are probably more than happy to watch Ole Miss and MSU go down in flames ...take the heat and attention and serve as sacrificial lambs for the greater SEC good. While Pete Finebaum spins and spins and spins ...

Back