Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LOL @ Brendan Gibbons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
http://www.annarbor.com/mi/wolverines/2013/07/michigan_football_over-under_w_6/

ANN ARBOR -- "Brendan Gibbons and Taylor Lewan walk into a restaurant ... "

It sounds like the start to a bad joke. And for Gibbons, it was.

The pair visited an Olive Garden during the 2010 season, when Gibbons started 1-of-4 before being benched, and asked their waitress what she thought of Michigan's kicker. But she didn't recognize Gibbons, and didn't hold back her criticism of him.

"I mean, just make a kick!" she said to them. "What are you doing??

"Well this is No. 34, this is Brendan Gibbons, he?s our kicker,?' Lewan responded with a laugh. "She was like, ?Oh my God, I?m so sorry, can I get you guys some free pasta or something??"

Embarrassing then. But three years and 29 made kicks later, Gibbons certainly can laugh off the exchange.

it was a good thing RR finally had a chance to teach him how to kick right before he got fired.

it was really unrealistic of people to expect Gibbons to play better because RR, needed to spend 98% of his time up til that point getting the offense running to perfection, and didn't get a chance to coach him prior to that

Wasnt it Tony Gibson with the special teamers there at the end? I could have swore to god it was his professional teaching expertise on display.

When hoke came in he asked the kickers how much they practiced at the stadium, they said almost never

He had them kick up there as part of their practices

Hoke, January 2011: "Why is the kicking game so bad? Do you guys practice?"
Kickers: "Sure do. Coach Rod has us practice on the playstation 2. he said the controls are more realistic than the Xbox. He's a genius. One of the tops minds in college football today."

Wasnt it Tony Gibson with the special teamers there at the end? I could have swore to god it was his professional teaching expertise on display.

Arizona lucked out that Gibson decided to go back to West Virginia. Their pass defense was already one of the worst in the country. Who knows how bad Gibson could have made them?! I'm sure the Mountaineers are overjoyed by the re-hiring of the worst football coach on earth.

Arizona lucked out that Gibson decided to go back to West Virginia. Their pass defense was already one of the worst in the country. Who knows how bad Gibson could have made them?! I'm sure the Mountaineers are overjoyed by the re-hiring of the worst football coach on earth.

wow, yeah, you're right. I thought they were inseparable based on how he not only retained him on our staff, but promoted him to assistant HC.

that guy was a cancer. every position he coached for us went to hell.

looks like he brought in a couple older guys to coach his OL & DL on his team, but it's still a young crew... lot of grad assistants. there is a Parrish on staff, surprisingly, so a tenuous Michigan connection still.

Last edited by a moderator:
dang! I thought he went to W Virginia for a year and then joined RR at Arizona after that.

Sorry to derail this thread, but Gibbons is a rapist and a complete ass-clown. He doesn't represent Michigan well in any facet of life.

I can't answer to all of that, but I do know that's not 100% true. he does kick FGs well, which is a facet of life, and one in which he represents Michigan well.

I definitely expected that response. But naw, I still stand by my statement, and think he lacks all worth as a human being.

I hadn't heard anything in that regard about Gibbons. I don't want any info. I hate to hear this kind of stuff about anybody.

I definitely expected that response. But naw, I still stand by my statement, and think he lacks all worth as a human being.

nothing about him being a rapist or lacking all worth as a human being on his MGoBlue player profile or bio.

Either someone has some very surprising (to me) inside info or there is a joke/reference that is flying over my head.

Either someone has some very surprising (to me) inside info or there is a joke/reference that is flying over my head.

I hope no one is joking about something like that. Or maybe it would be better if it was a joke, then it wouldn't be true.

he is from Florida, and West Palm Beach, FL specifically, so there's maybe a strike and a half against him already. accusing someone of rape is pretty serious business though.

About four years ago (my sophomore year, his freshman) there was a rape allegation for some unnamed player. It was definitely him. We discussed it on the former board I believe, and I don't think I ever put my two cents in, though I do remember someone else leaking it to ya'll at the time. The kid was a total POS before that even happened, but that kinda solidified him as a scum bag hall of famer in my book.

About four years ago (my sophomore year, his freshman) there was a rape allegation for some unnamed player. It was definitely him. We discussed it on the former board I believe, and I don't think I ever put my two cents in, though I do remember someone else leaking it to ya'll at the time. The kid was a total POS before that even happened, but that kinda solidified him as a scum bag hall of famer in my book.

So...how does law enforcement remain uninvolved in anything as serious as this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back