Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox Game Thread April 8

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup:
Jackson CF
Boesch RF
Cabrera 3B
Fielder 1B
Young DH
Avila C
Peralta SS
Dirks LF
Raburn 2B
Max Scherzer P

Tigers vs. Buchholz: Jackson 1-13, Boesch 2-12, Cabrera 3-15, Fielder 0-0, Young 1-14, Avila 2-5, Peralta 4-12, Dirks 2-3, Raburn 3-11.

Scherzer vs. redsox: ellsbury 1-2, midget 1-5, gonzalez 1-9, chinstrap 4-6, suckilis 2-7, sweeney 0-3, ross 2-4, saltafongoola 2-3, aviles 1-5, mcdonald 1-4, shoppach 0-2, beardedmumzapunto 0-1.

Please post Gameday when available at mlb.
Happy Easter to all who celebrate.

With those numbers it looks to be a low scoring game. I like Buchholz, he's a good young SP.

Happy Easter KC and the rest of you thugs..

With those numbers it looks to be a low scoring game. I like Buchholz, he's a good young SP.

Happy Easter KC and the rest of you thugs..

Sucks for me, I have Buchholz pitching, against Avila, Raburn, Boesch, and Young.

Hopefully they beat the shit out of him.

I hope so too. Another 10-zip game would be nice. Hopefully BB can do something today.

The bottom 4 in the Tiger's lineup is only batting .354, good grief. come on those guy's should be able to do better than that. And that Buchholz guy has never faced a lineup with a Cabrera and Fielder in it before. Fear of what happen to his predecessors must fill his heart this day.

Young is DH-ing, but Raburn is still at 2nd. well, i guess ill take what i can get lol.

Young is DH-ing, but Raburn is still at 2nd. well, i guess ill take what i can get lol.

I'm going to go with scatch head on this one. I like Dirks in left but, Raburn at second again is questionable. Really his last 10 games that include spring games his average has gone south like way south, like 4 for 30, for a .133 average. Really thoe Santiage only 3 for 22 for a .136 average. Like Worth was hitting .353 au which was better than Inge's.120 in there last 10 games.

Brain thought here why is Worth on the team?

O yea Raburn is 3 for 11 against Buchholz, Worth's 0for0, humm. Really this second base thing is really getting au? At this rate Inge will be back!

Last edited:
Looks like we're in good position to get this thing of to a 3-0 start. I hope Scherzer plans to just pitch around Ortiz.

Suckilis...good one, KC. I can't stand looking at that hoser's fat head.

I'll be in easter service for most of the game but I'll be checking my phone while I can. I'm terrible, I know. Lol.

Miggy drives in AJ with an opposite field ground ball base hit through 1st and 2nd

No, Rod, it is not unheard of for a team to have a sellout their 2nd game of the year.

In fact, it happens to multiple teams every year.

JP drives in 3 with a deep shot to deep left center field. Ellsbury got his glove on it but dropped it.

Back