Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh fined for Dalton hit?

kgdetroit

Ndamukong Suh via twitter:

$20,000REALLY???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
#NFL #BIGFAIL

He better put some money away I'm sure that is not the last fine of the season and the $$$ will grow. Anyone know where the fine money goes?

Fines go to charity. If a player has his own charity he can have his fines put toward it.

Yeah he needs to play with aggression till the whistle. I think the 20k was a bit much but I think it was more of a sending a message kinda thing.

I didnt see anything there that was fine worthy. But then again he did get find for pushing Cutler. The NFL fine system is a fucking joke. Goodell is trying to make the game safer, I get that but sometimes he goes to far on dumb shit. Fine people for being reckless or dangerous. Suh never hit the head and the whistle hadnt blown when he took him down. He is just making a play. The thing was barely a penalty. What a fucking JOKE!!!!!!!!

Ridiculous..it wasnt a malicious hit..he threw a guy down. The NFL is losing its edge 1 game at a time.

Pocket change for him

Just hope none of his hits turn into suspensions.

Hits like this arent the kind that get people hurt its the helmet to helmet hits that due. Why are guys being fined for tackling somebody. Whats up with this game. Lets just take the pads away and the helmets and give them all flags. We wouldnt want anybody being touched to hard. What a crock of shit. Goodell is a pussy.

I don't really care. It's not like he's making the rookie minimum. I just hope he can tread the line of putting the league on alert without drawing a suspension. We HAD to know a fine was coming for that one lol.

coel73 said:
I don't really care. It's not like he's making the rookie minimum. I just hope he can tread the line of putting the league on alert without drawing a suspension. We HAD to know a fine was coming for that one lol.

But what if he was making rookie minimum? Cant treat guy different because they make more money. (not that hes being treated different, just sayin)

Beez said:
coel73 said:

But what if he was making rookie minimum? Cant treat guy different because they make more money. (not that hes being treated different, just sayin)

If he was making the rookie minimum then I would feel bad for him coming out of his pocket 20grand. I don't think it was the most awesome call by the refs but Suh sure helped make it look a lot worse than what it was........... And I'm fine with that :)

Oh I have no doubt he should have been penalized. Thats no contest to me..but fined is what I'm kinda scratching my head over. I thought fines were impletmented to help keep players safe by sending a message that making illegal plays which have a high risk of injuring a player will not be tolerated. I dont think you should be fined for being aggressive and playing rough. It was an illegal play, he didnt hurt anybody, it wasnt a play that had a large potential of causing harm to another players health, so give him 15 yards n move on. Just my opinion.

Qbs, Star Wideouts = fines; back ups, punters, special teamers, anyone else = we don't give a fuck and you'll probably end up on the official NFL highlight film.

Who was the profeesional athlete that used to put money away each season because he knew he was getting fined for shit he did all year? I can't think about who it was. Anyways, that's what Suh needs to do...lol. Personally, i love the aggressiveness....we need it.

Brian Cox? Charles Barkley? Ochocinco? Somebody help me out...

Back