Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Lions @ Saints Thread

grandy

Detroit Lions (7-4) @ New Orleans Saints (5-6)

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Canal Street Chronicles

Injury Report
Link (from Friday)

Lions
DE Ezekiel Ansah (ankle) - Questionable
S Don Carey (hamstring) - Questionable
WR Marvin Jones (thigh) - Questionable
LB DeAndre Levy (knee) - Questionable
RB Theo Riddick (ankle) - Questionable
LB Tahir Whitehead (knee) - Questionable

Saints
T Terron Armstead (knee/quad) - Out
RB Daniel Lasco (hamstring) - Out
RB Mark Ingram (toe) - Questionable

Series History
Link
The Lions are 11-11-1 against the Saints
Last Game: 12/21/2015, Lions 35 Saints 27
Last Loss: 11/7/2012, Saints 45 Lions 28 (Playoff game)
Recent Games: The Lions have won the last 2 games

I would be ecstatic if Ingram was limited. He's looked really good this year at times.

Tough game for a team that plays the style of play that the Lions do. I know we'll be able to score.....I just don't think we'll be able to stop Drew Brees.

Our defensive style fits into EXACTLY what NO wants to do. Short underneath completions.....keep the chains moving.....take a few shots when the opportunity presents itself. Austin is going to have to go outside his comfort zone and throw a few unexpected changes into the scheme today. Otherwise, we'll play right into their hands.

Unfortunately, I don't think Austin will make adjustments and we'll see 4-5 different 9 play...75 yard type drives where Breese will be 6-7 for 65 easy yards.

NO - 38
Lions - 31

Teryl Austin is GOD of defensive coordinators. 45-0 Lions

Stafford has been simply sterling in October over eight seasons. He has a 15-12 record good for a 55.5% winning rate in that month. It’s by far the best of his career.

But December is a different story. The month that is the most crucial of the season when it comes to determining postseason positioning, is by far Stafford’s worst month. He has an 8-14 record and 36.3% winning rate in December. That’s a steep drop from his next-lowest winning rate of 46.4% in November.

Jim Caldwell and Marvin Jones are in conversation at the 30-yard line. Jones is very questionable for today against the Saints. Jones is getting stretched out now.

Last edited:
I just don't see us winning this game today. It's definitely winnable but I don't think we'll pull it off. I think this is a must win game for NO if they have any hope of making the playoffs. We make every QB look good but Brees will make us pay and get the ball into the end zone. He might have less than 5 incompletions today.

And as always, hopefully I'm very wrong.

NO 42
Lions 23

Last edited:
I'm glad Bryant is back. The D-line is the key to this game. Ansah seems like he is almost back to last season form. Hyder has been a pleasant surprise. Robinson has looked good lately.

If we can get consistent pressure on Brees, I think we win. If not, our offense cannot keep up with theirs.

Go lions !!!!! Lions defense 238 points allowed !!!!!
21.6 per game!!!!!!

Go Safford light them up !!!

out of the gate...were running vs 8 man fronts and throwing vs 6 man fronts. Ill just never understand it.

Back