Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Did Fielder lose weight?

Most of us think he did.
There was a thread about it near two weeks ago, lower third of this first page.

I heard someone say '30lbs'.

I heard 30 pounds from multiple twitter accounts. I don't know where that was coming from, I think it was from the radio call of the first or second SP game. It wouldn't surprise me if he lost that weight, he seems to understand well what he should/shouldn't eat.

Just seems odd that if he lost that kind of weight, the Tigers would not have released some info about it.

They made a huge deal last year out of Cabrera dropping what 10-15 lbs?

Unless Fielder just lost fat, not weight, because lean muscle is much heavier than fat it's possible for him to be slimmer without actually have much weight loss.

Just seems odd that if he lost that kind of weight, the Tigers would not have released some info about it.

They made a huge deal last year out of Cabrera dropping what 10-15 lbs?

Unless Fielder just lost fat, not weight, because lean muscle is much heavier than fat it's possible for him to be slimmer without actually have much weight loss.

We all know Prince enjoys talking to the media...

From an Mlive writer on 2/22:

"@AngelaWittrock: Anyone else listening to the #Tigers broadcast? Did I just hear @dan_dickerson say Prince Fielder lost 30 pounds? Thot he looked thin. #fb"

Dickerson said on the broadcast of the first ST game that Prince lost 30 pounds, I don't know if he got that info from Prince or someone else.

Huh? I don't know how I missed the previous thread, since it highlights new threads, Oh well

30 pounds is a lot in that time frame. I just remember the big debate we had on the board about him being fat and lazy or not. After one of his interviews, it sounded like he didn't even feel there was a problem or room for improvement.

Maybe he read my posts?

Maybe he figure lost weight for Miggy got him the MVP and TC. Big year for Prince in 2013.

Maybe now, Prince will become that base stealer that some of you guys have been yurning for. :D

Maybe now, Prince will become that base stealer that some of you guys have been yurning for. :D

Stole 1 last year without being caught, that's all win. Somehow he stole 7 in 2006, not sure how he did that.

Last edited:
I'm just hoping he can go from 2nd to home and from first to 3rd a bit more.

Back