Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Remaining Four Games

LGRW_9

We need a split against the Twins, pure and simple. I don't see the White Sux taking a game from the Royals. I expect a strong outing from Max, Lobster and Porcello are crap shoots (the way Rick has pitched lately), and Price is set up for heroics if we need it on Sunday.

We'll see.......

We dont have to face Hughes, which is good. We win 3, we win the division. I think we can do it.

Two wins will do it..I assume we own the tie-breaker.

Edit: NVM, I realized MLB doesn't work that way. They go the 1-game playoff route.

Last edited:
Two wins will do it..I assume we own the tie-breaker.

Edit: NVM, I realized MLB doesn't work that way. They go the 1-game playoff route.

After I posted, I realized us splitting and a KC sweep would result in a tie and another "Game 163". But it would be at Comerica Park and I like our chances if it goes that way.

I expect them to win 'em all.

Last edited:
I don't expect a sweep. That's hard to do against anybody especially a 4 game set. The Tigers will probably take 2 or 3. Royals losing one more game would be nice.

I wish baseball in case of a divisional tie would use head to head records instead of a 1 game playoff if it does not effect who makes the playoffs... it just seems to simple... now if Detroit and kc were just vying for one spot then there should be a playoff.

Last edited:
I wish baseball in case of a divisional tie would use head to head records instead of a 1 game playoff if it does not effect who makes the playoffs... it just seems to simple... now if Detroit and kc were just vying for one spot then there should be a playoff.

The should use head to head for the division winner. What's the point of playing each other 18 or 19 times a year? Now if they had each won 9 times then go ahead and play 1 game to decide the division winner. But just use the head to head record.

We dont have to face Hughes, which is good. We win 3, we win the division. I think we can do it.

Given their tendency to struggle against sub par guys and get the job done against good starters I kinda wish they weren't missing Hughes. Beat Sale, Beat King Felix, couldn't beat Bassitt or Nolasco though for example, meh hopefully they won't run into too many soft tos'en zone expanders in the post season.

Let's not act like the Tigers beat up on Sale/Felix.

When they faced Felix he gave up 2 ER in 5 Innings before SEA removed him from the game after getting hit by the ball, he could have went deeper in that game.

Sale has a 2.25 ERA in 3 starts and has 33 SO's in 20 Innings vs. the Tigers. They were fortunate to get to SEA/CHI's pen in 2 of those games.

Let's not act like the Tigers beat up on Sale/Felix.

When they faced Felix he gave up 2 ER in 5 Innings before SEA removed him from the game after getting hit by the ball, he could have went deeper in that game.

Sale has a 2.25 ERA in 3 starts and has 33 SO's in 20 Innings vs. the Tigers. They were fortunate to get to SEA/CHI's pen in 2 of those games.

Ok i'll try not to, still better than they did with Nolasco and Bassitt though.

8.0 IP, 5 hits, 0 ER, 1 BB 5k's

7.2 IP, 6 hits, 0 ER, 1 BB 3k's

Trevor May tonight 8.39, they got him for 5 in 5.1 last time faced, expecting similar results I think it's just the 4.00-6.00 range guys they struggle with the most. lol.. :ugh:

Ok i'll try not to, still better than they did with Nolasco and Bassitt though.

8.0 IP, 5 hits, 0 ER, 1 BB 5k's

7.2 IP, 6 hits, 0 ER, 1 BB 3k's

Trevor May tonight 8.39, they got him for 5 in 5.1 last time faced, expecting similar results I think it's just the 4.00-6.00 range guys they struggle with the most. lol.. :ugh:

Those games were embarassing to be sure. Just my opinion but I believe the Tigers are going to rock May, what i'm worried about is will they rock him and their pen enough? Since the Twins are scoring over 6 runs a game vs the Tigers this year and Max has struggled against them, 5 ERA in 3 starts this season.

Those games were embarassing to be sure. Just my opinion but I believe the Tigers are going to rock May, what i'm worried about is will they rock him and their pen enough? Since the Twins are scoring over 6 runs a game vs the Tigers this year and Max has struggled against them, 5 ERA in 3 starts this season.

I hope they rock May. He's the hardest thrower they have.. everyone else rocks him, which is usually a recipe for us allowing him to dominate. We'll see.

Win 2 and we take the division, 4 game sweeps are tough, especially on the road. KC is playing in a park that isn't suited to royals baseball

With 3 left to play, with a 2 game lead. Win 2 now and we sing and dance. And who cares what KC does.
BTW it's a 3 game series now, sweep these 3 is possible. Harvey's wall bangers play them one game at a time. Win them one game at a time.

Tigers are currently 8-9 against Minnie. Against a team that's 69-91, 22 games under .500. Something is real wrong with the way this Tiger team plays this Minnie team! Talk about playing down to a team. Tigers excel in this area of play. They've pounded KC and have winning records against the tribe and sox. They better start showing up against these twins!

Back