Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hunt for October

Going by that, the Royals easily have the hardest schedule. 7 of 11 on the road(already down 4-2 in the 9th of one of those games). They also have an opponent win % of .509, where Detroit's is .477. I hope Cleveland can stay close enough in the WC chase to play KC hard in their series. Regardless, Detroit needs at least a 1.5 game lead after this series vs KC.

Last edited:
I would also laugh my ass off if Oakland seriously loses out on a playoff spot.

I am in Kansas City with pops for the game tonight, 3rd base line, made the 10 hour drive

right now,I'll settle for 2 out of 3.

Last edited:
Going by that, the Royals easily have the hardest schedule. 7 of 11 on the road(already down 4-2 in the 9th of one of those games). They also have an opponent win % of .509, where Detroit's is .477. I hope Cleveland can stay close enough in the WC chase to play KC hard in their series. Regardless, Detroit needs at least a 1.5 game lead after this series vs KC.

.477 yet 4 of the final 7 against the twins whom that haven't played well this year. but yeah either way.. Here's what I'm thunken

* Obviously Take 2 or 3 in KC then I'd really like the odds for the final 7

* Get swept this weekend and IMO that will be difficult to overcome and I wouldn't like those odds.

* Take at least 1 of 3 against the royals this weekend, then if cleveland can get 3 more outs Monday they it's all tied up with 7 games to go, 7 on the road for KC and 7 at home for the Tigers. I would still like those odds.

so what i'm saying is that I don't think it's a must to have a 1.5 lead after Sunday Night if they only take 1 of 3 i'm not freaking out just yet.

Last edited:

I don't know if I would judge the strength of schedule based on home and road games right now. I mean for a significant part of the season we were a better road team than home team. And KC has a better record on the road than at home as well.

With this small of a sample left, it would probably comes down to the individual pitchers the teams face each game. AFAIK we have to face Sale and Sheilds, while KC has to face Scherzer, Porcello, and Sale again, probably (assuming the Sox don't bitch out and just start a AAA guy). Plus KC has that suspended game, so it's likely based on that we have a big advantage. In theory anyways.

I don't know if I would judge the strength of schedule based on home and road games right now. I mean for a significant part of the season we were a better road team than home team. And KC has a better record on the road than at home as well.

With this small of a sample left, it would probably comes down to the individual pitchers the teams face each game. AFAIK we have to face Sale and Sheilds, while KC has to face Scherzer, Porcello, and Sale again, probably (assuming the Sox don't bitch out and just start a AAA guy). Plus KC has that suspended game, so it's likely based on that we have a big advantage. In theory anyways.

They also face Carrasco for Cleveland, who has been dominant for 2 months.

I get so sick of hearing they/KC got to do this & that & face. It don't matter what they do unless WE/TIGERS win games at some point it takes WINS to advance in the playoffs!

Win your own games and ever thing else doesn't matter. Win and THEY lose.

Suddenly the Tribe are only 4.5 back of KC and Oakland and 4 back of Seattle.

Kansas City.....83 69
Oakland..........83 69
Seattle............83 70
Cleveland .......79 74
NY Yankees......79 74

I just jinxed them as those pesky twins walked them off too tonight..LOL

Last edited:
I get so sick of hearing they/KC got to do this & that & face. It don't matter what they do unless WE/TIGERS win games at some point it takes WINS to advance in the playoffs!

Win your own games and ever thing else doesn't matter. Win and THEY lose.

Winning keeps them losing.

Back