Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Muskegon and Detroit Catholic Central sign 2 year deal for Week 1

gotime909

Now that's how you kick off a season!!!

My buddy is an assistant at Muskegon and just told me. Don't have a link yet, but it's a done deal.

Wow this is a heavy weight regular season game... Nice that both schools
made it happen...

I can't speak much for Muskegon, but I have followed DCC the last few years. They are coming off a stretch of being in the finals three years in a row, and four of the last five years.

Statistics and probability suggests that are eventually due for a downward swing of some sort. I think this year might be it. I'm not saying they have a losing season, but I see them losing to Muskegon on the road.

They graduated a great deal from last year. Only four starters return, and this is week one of a very tough schedule.

Last year they had 7 straight home games to start the season, followed by one road game and a regular season closing game at home again. This year, they have only three home games all year.

Road games include Muskegon, Toledo Whitmer, Traverse City Central, Brother Rice, and Orchard Lake St Mary's.

I think they'll need to win 2 of the first three (Muskegon, Whitmer, St Mikes Toronto) then go 3-1 in their difficult conference schedule (Rice, DeLaSalle, OLSM and UofD) to have a playoff season.

If they start 0-2 against Muskegon and Whitmer, it's an uphill battle.

Full Schedule:

@Muskegon
@Toledo Whitmer
St Mike's Toronto
@Traverse City Central
@Brother Rice
U of D Jesuit
@Orchard Lake St Mary's
DeLaSalle

Looks like it was a good game....Only lost 21-14.... Pretty good Loss on the road for a young team...

Looks like it was a good game....Only lost 21-14.... Pretty good Loss on the road for a young team...

When they need 6 wins to make the playoffs, a loss hurts.

They lost again to Whitmer this week. An 0-2 to start is not good.

Best case scenario is a 2-2 record going into the Brother Rice game. They likely lose to Rice and beat UD. That's 3-3 with OLSM and DeLaSalle remaining. They'll need to win both of those last two, and get a win in week 9 (opponent TBD) to get to 6 wins.

Maybe with their strength of schedule they get in the playoffs with 5 wins like they did in 2012, but you can't roll those dice.

Back