Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

worlds first officially recognized cyborg

zyxt9

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/02/tech/...sson-implant-antenna/index.html?c=tech&page=0

I keep telling you guys this is coming, you keep laughing and saying it isn't possible, but this guy is actually not the only one...just the first one officially recignized by a government.

It is yet another step. But I guess most of you are card carrying anti-cybirg members. Your children likely won't be though, and great grandchildren will be screaming for it the way todays kids cry for the newest video game.

And businesses will start hiring decisions based on if you are or are not a cybirg.

And people on their deathbed will question whether they should have just gotten their implants so they could have lived longer in a functional way, spending just a little more time with their family instead of....

will cyborgs look terrifying, like in The Terminator, or will they look friendly and nice?

They will likely mostly be like a cross between nerds who live in their parents basement and the people who work out at Venice Beach, with a sprinkle of normal people mixed in.

Of course the "heavy duty" cyborgs will be able to outlift the current Venice Beach types by several factors, but hard to say if they want the no-neck/roid rage look or just content buying more powerful parts, but I'm sure some will do both like a Monster Robot Truck owner mentality

But initially they will look more like the nerd type based on the guy on the article. ;)

Can that dude unhook that thing off of his head?

Because if not it's going to make playing sports pretty hard.

Nope, the article said the doctor grafted the antennae to the bones in his skull, part of the reason he was able to be officially declared a cyborg

Personally I think the concept is kind of interesting, but long term it seems a stem cell therapy would be a better solution. Also, my opinion or definition of a cyborg involves the brain and machine being more directly connected and amplified in performance to a superhuman level, so I personally do not agree with this definition or title or declaration or whatever that he is a cyborg (though "seeing" infrared and UV waves comes close...only he is hearing a sound that equates to those areas of the spectrum, not actually seeing in those spectra...a minor but important distinction to me), but the technical advances and pushing of the envelope are noteworthy at a minimum.

Back