Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers call up Steven Moya

this organization leaves me scratching my head. If you were thinking of calling him up, why not do it before the Nats series. Playing in the NL park you know you are going to have more pinch hitting opportunities. Wouldn't you figure you would want a LH bat with power on the bench?

Yup could have used another left bat last night v's Max whom lefts hit .300+ off him, anyway to your question, A: because the tigers are led by blithering idiots.

Last edited:
He was starting to play CF when he got hurt the 2nd time and third time. And it's not like he's a savior. His career as a whole is not good. Basically, the guy blows.
I was never pumped up about the acquisition. I'm just surprised by moving Upton to cf and bringing Moya up a few days before Maybin will likely be called up.

And moved Upton to 6th, closer! keep going Brad. almost there dummy.
Whatever you do, don't blame Upton. Make sure you blame the manager for Upton's lack of production. It's all because he's not it the right spot in the order.

Whatever you do, don't blame Upton. Make sure you blame the manager for Upton's lack of production. It's all because he's not it the right spot in the order.

Upton has been horrible, one of the worst F/A signings I can remember if not the worst. I blame Brad for not recognizing that he's not helping the team win much by keeping in the 5 hole. You manage with what ya got not what you want or think should be there. Upton can't get out of his own head and he belongs in a lower pressure spot until he does. 6 is a step in the right direction 7/8 would probably be even better. Brad is a bit slow.

I was never pumped up about the acquisition. I'm just surprised by moving Upton to cf and bringing Moya up a few days before Maybin will likely be called up.

IMO maybin should just stay down there he isn't hitting for crap with the Muds let Moya stay for awhile see how he does

Upton has been horrible, one of the worst F/A signings I can remember if not the worst. I blame Brad for not recognizing that he's not helping the team win much by keeping in the 5 hole. You manage with what ya got not what you want or think should be there. Upton can't get out of his own head and he belongs in a lower pressure spot until he does. 6 is a step in the right direction 7/8 would probably be even better. Brad is a bit slow.
Brad mismanaging verlander? How about miggy? JD? Sanchez? We're talking about almost 75 million in underperforming payroll. I just don't think Brad is putting then in a position to succeed. We know his mismanaging Upton. That's obvious.

Now guys like Zimmerman, castellanos, saltalamacchia, and Kinsler are all doing well on their own, even succeeding despite ausmus.

If we get rid of ausmus, all of those underperforming guys will return to historical averages and the guys who are hot will stay hot.

Last edited:
Back