Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Whoever is the scout that recommended Mike Pelfrey

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2016/5/24/11656448/the-mike-pelfrey-experiment-is-reaching-critical-mass

The original concept of acquiring Pelfrey had some merits. Putting a pitcher who gets a ton of ground balls in front of a better defensive infield than he's previous enjoyed made good sense. While the weakness of the Tigers' catching corps in terms of receiving pitches was a flaw in the design, the overall idea could have worked.

What better defense?
I haven't checked in on the stats recently, but how are Nick and Jose doing defensively compared to prior seasons? Nick's bat has been so much better than I ever expected that I've kind of tuned out his defense. It seems like he's moving better and has made more highlight type defensive plays, but I don't know if the stats back that up. Jose seems to have regressed a bit in my eyes, but I don't know if stats would bear that out either.

I haven't checked in on the stats recently, but how are Nick and Jose doing defensively compared to prior seasons? Nick's bat has been so much better than I ever expected that I've kind of tuned out his defense. It seems like he's moving better and has made more highlight type defensive plays, but I don't know if the stats back that up. Jose seems to have regressed a bit in my eyes, but I don't know if stats would bear that out either.

Nick is 24 of 28 MLB 3B in UZR/150 with at least 180 innings. He is tied for last in Defensive Runs Saved. Altogether, he is ranked 26th of the 28 MLB 3B.

Iggy is 12 of 29 MLB SS in UZR/150 with at least 190 innings. He is tied at 18th in Defensive Runs Saved. Altogether, her is ranked 12th of the 29 MLB SS.

Kinsler = 16th of 27 MLB 2B

Cabrera = 2nd of 29 MLB 1B

1.75 WHIP. Worst in majors. Tigers offense somewhat salvaging this waste of a roster spot.

Yes ..yes he did.

But wow was he horrible that summer

Who the very next year played a part in the SFG's WS championship season. .290/.385/.506/.891 with 26 homers...go figures. He wound up with two rings.

Last edited:
Back