Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Nationals 5-11-2016 Game 33

I forgot about not having a catcher.

dumbass had already burned the other catcher for the pitchers spot with nobody on maybe they should have kept the bird flipper guy up longer so he had more left bat options for a guy that lefties hit .300 plus on...Avila can go to

Last edited:
James McCann: Three easy strikeouts for Scherzer. McCann was completely overmatched and has been a hole in the Tigers' offense since returning.

Brad Ausmus: With runners on second and third, and one out, allowing both James McCann and Anthony Gose to face a lights-out Max Scherzer gave away the best scoring opportunity of the night. He then put Salty in to pinch-hit for Zimmermann in the seventh. And then batted McCann in the ninth for no reason any sane person can imagine. NL ball does not agree with the Tigers' manager.

STREAKS AND STATS:
Iglesias third inning home run was his first since July 17, 2015 off of Ubaldo Jimenez.

Max Scherzer set a new personal best for strikeouts in a game, ringing up 20 Tigers. No one has ever done better. Nothing but a tip of the hat for the former Tiger. He had no-hit stuff all night and the Tigers were fortunate to do anything at all against him.

James McCann: Three easy strikeouts for Scherzer. McCann was completely overmatched and has been a hole in the Tigers' offense since returning.

Brad Ausmus: With runners on second and third, and one out, allowing both James McCann and Anthony Gose to face a lights-out Max Scherzer gave away the best scoring opportunity of the night. He then put Salty in to pinch-hit for Zimmermann in the seventh. And then batted McCann in the ninth for no reason any sane person can imagine. NL ball does not agree with the Tigers' manager.

I'm so disgusted with this hapless clown, all the sighs head shaking and wtf's i find myself mumbling every night watching this train wreck isn't worth it

Record with McCann starting = 3-8 .273 WPCT

Record when he doesn't = 12-10 .545 WPCT

DET pitchers w/McCann = 5.18 ERA 1.52 WHIP

DET pitchers wo/McCann = 4.04 ERA 1.40 WHIP

Zimmermann with McCann = 1-2, 2.45 ERA 1.05 WHIP 2.9 BB/G 3.3 SO/G

Zimmermann without McCann = 4-0, 0.69 ERA 1.15 WHIP 1.4 BB/G 6.9 SO/G

Last edited:
Brad learned from the mistake, but why not just hit Nick in place of McCann and catch Romine if needed? (and move Cabrera to 1b)

So now the Tigers have the ignomious distinction of being the only team to have been struck out 20 times in a game twice.

Watching the replay today part of it, McCann doesn't seem to ever pull back the pitch. Pitches on the corner and he just leaves it there. Oh, and his one oh 8 slugging percentage.

Back