Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles 5-14-16 Game 36

Schoop is officially another Tiger killer. This guy consistently murders Tigers pitchers.

I'd say the 9 runs we've given up is a bigger problem tonight

Largely moot tonight they only needed 4 to win, Didn't see most of it looks like upton still sucks this guy ever going to get it going I'm starting to think he's not

Last edited:
Largely moot tonight they only needed 4 to win, Didn't see most of it looks like upton still sucks this guy ever going to get it going I'm starting to think he's not
Upton has been absolutely terrible, so has JD, Miggy, McCann, Iglesias, and Goes. When 6 guys in your lineup have been awful that only leaves 3 that are producing. ...not good

Upton has been absolutely terrible, so has JD, Miggy, McCann, Iglesias, and Goes. When 6 guys in your lineup have been awful that only leaves 3 that are producing. ...not good

Something has to change, what nobody is really sure what but this team doesn't work

Last edited:
Weaker teams when they get back home but at this point I've pretty much written it off, holes already dug only thing that can atone for it would be to rip off 10 or more straight and we all know that won't happen, I've got nothing left to say bout em, and side note, it feels like winter outside in the middle of f'n may al gore! Yes indeed this all sucks six ways to nothing

Last edited:
I tweeted this to Miggy around 5 pm this afternoon;

KalineCountry ‏
@KalineCountry 7 hours ago
@MiguelCabrera https://www.instagram.com/p/BEz35a2RCL5/
Homeruns Si!!!!

He blasted a homerun but they lost again.

The Tigers entered the game hitting .161 (5 for 31) with four singles, one home run and 11 strikeouts with the bases loaded this season.

Cabrera's 6th inning HR was calculated at 462 feet, the longest hit at Camden Yards since 2009. Exit velocity 111 mph at a 25 degree angle.
http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/topic/8877502/v696496983/detbal-miggy-lauches-462foot-homer

Cabrera has 413 career home runs. The next home run he hits will tie him for 50th on the all-time list with Darrell Evans.

Last edited:
According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Tigers have a 6.28 ERA during the past 12 games, which ranks 28th in the majors in that span.

Only the Minnesota Twins and Oakland Athletics have fared worse.

The Tigers are hitting a paltry .217 during those 12 games, which ranks 29th;

the Mets rank last with a .202 batting average.

Something has to change, what nobody is really sure what but this team doesn't work
I'm sure something will change shortly, it won't make the team better but it will make people happy.

I am not sure why Miggy is included.

Last 28 days:

Miggy .290 BAVG .359 SLG .473 SLG .832 OPS

While the expectations might be greater, he still is putting up decent numbers.

Personally, Gose, Iglesias and McCann weren't expected to be offensive forces for this team. Their historical offensive numbers do not suggest quality offense, or even average.

So that leaves Upton and J.D. as the biggest disappointments, especially Upton and his huge ass contract. I still haven't seen fans get on Upton. They should be booing him out of the stadium.

I wouldn't say Miggy has been terrible, but he's definitely been a main part of the problem. He's the heartbeat of this team. Check his splits in wins/losses.

Brad gets fired Monday I think. If you don't fire him you risk the chance of a winning streak with weak teams coming up and Brad in charge which gives him time .
Get the new guy in get some wins and feel better. Im not very happy about any of these options but the team is lethargic to me.

Last edited:
Brad gets fired Monday I think. If you don't fire him you risk the chance of a winning streak with weak teams coming up and Brad in charge which gives him time .
Get the new guy in get some wins and feel better. Im not very happy about any of these options but the team is lethargic to me.

If Brad gets fired it will be very ironic. He is probably the individual that is least responsible for this dumpster fire but he will likely be the first to go. The GM isn't going to fire himself for the team he put together, the owner isn't going to fire himself and the shitty players have guaranteed contracts.

Oh well...that's the deal when you are a baseball manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure why Miggy is included.

Last 28 days:

Miggy .290 BAVG .359 SLG .473 SLG .832 OPS

While the expectations might be greater, he still is putting up decent numbers.

Personally, Gose, Iglesias and McCann weren't expected to be offensive forces for this team. Their historical offensive numbers do not suggest quality offense, or even average.

So that leaves Upton and J.D. as the biggest disappointments, especially Upton and his huge ass contract. I still haven't seen fans get on Upton. They should be booing him out of the stadium.

Cabrera isn't hitting for power in May. He's 13-for-43 this month with one extra-base hit and four RBIs, pulling in a slugging percentage of .326
It's been a tough stretch for "Miggy" and the Tigers lately. He is hitting .304 this month, but that was his first homer in the last 14 games. Since hitting 44 homers in 2013, Cabrera has seen his home run totals drop to 25 in 2014 and 18 in his injury abbreviated 2015 season.
He has just five in 135 at-bats this year.
from the Tigers team notes.

Failing with the bases loaded has been a season-long trend for the Tigers, who are hitting .156 (5 for 32) in those situations this season. They have one extra-base hit (a grand slam by Jarrod Saltalamacchia) and 11 strikeouts (two each by four different players) in 32 at-bats with the bases loaded.

Here are individual numbers:

J.D. Martinez: 1 for 5, 2 SOs, RBI
Jarrod Saltalamacchia: 1 for 3, HR, SO, 4 RBIs
Nick Castellanos: 1 for 2, SO, 2 RBIs
Jose Iglesias: 1 for 2, RBI
James McCann: 1 for 1, 2 RBIs
Miguel Cabrera: 0 for 5, 2 SOs
Anthony Gose: 0 for 4, 2 SOs, RBI
Ian Kinsler: 0 for 3, 2 SOs, RBI
Andrew Romine: 0 for 2, SO
Mike Aviles: 0 for 2
Anibal Sanchez: 0 for 1
Victor Martinez: 0 for 1, RBI
Justin Upton: 0 for 1, SO, BB, RBI

The Tigers did just fine as a team with the bases loaded in 2015. They were first in the American League in batting average (.336) and third in OPS (.872) with the bases loaded last season.

Here are the Tigers players who had the most at-bats with the bases loaded last season 2015 and how they fared:

Nick Castellanos: .500 (9 for 18), 3B, 2 HRs, 23 RBIs, 1.394 OPS
Yoenis Cespedes: .462 (6 for 13), 2B, HR, 12 RBIs, 1.198 OPS
Victor Martinez: .500 (6 for 12), 2 2Bs, 12 RBIs, 1.167 OPS
J.D. Martinez: .545 (6 for 11), 2 2Bs, 2 BBs, 14 RBIs, 1.299 OPS
Ian Kinsler: .222 (2 for 17), 2 2Bs, 9 RBIs, .583 OPS
James McCann: .000 (0 for 9), 2 RBIs, .182 OPS
Andrew Romine: .625 (5 for 8), 5 1Bs, 7 RBIs, 1.250 OPS
Miguel Cabrera: .143 (1 for 13), 2B, 2 BBs, 7 RBIs, .649 OPS
Jose Iglesias: .000 (0 for 7), 2 BBs, 3 SOs, 2 RBIs, .000 OPS

Those numbers for Cabrera in 2015 look as bad as they do in 2016, but they don't represent a lengthy trend. Cabrera entered the game Saturday night hitting .388 with a .986 OPS with the bases loaded for his career.
from the Tigers team notes.

I wouldn't say Miggy has been terrible, but he's definitely been a main part of the problem. He's the heartbeat of this team. Check his splits in wins/losses.
He hasn't been a terrible offensive player but he's having his worst season offensively since he was a 20 year old rookie. He's certainly inderperfoming

Back