Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Twins @ Tigers 5-18-2016 Game 40

tigermud

Detroit (18-21)

Kinsler, 2B
JD, RF
Miggy, 1B
Nick, 3B
Upton, LF
Moya, DH
Maybin, CF
Salty, C
Iggy, SS

P: Verlander 2-4 (4.71)

Twins (10-28)

Mauer, 1B
Nunez, SS
Sano, RF
Park, DH
Plouffe, 3B
Dozier, 2B
Rosario, LF
Suzuki, C
Santana, CF

P: Nolasco 1-1 (4.87)

Game Notes

-- Victor Martinez was in today's original lineup but later was scratched "for an extra day of rest," according to the team. ...

-- The Twins are turning out to be just what the doctor ordered for the Tigers. Detroit is looking to pull off its second sweep of the Twins this season, and Verlander seems to be a good candidate for it. He has put together two solid starts in a row, allowing just one earned run in those 15 innings and striking out 17. As for Nolasco, he started against the Tigers on May 1 and went 5 2/3 innings, allowing five earned runs. ...

-- Catcher James McCann will receive his rookie-of-the-year award from the Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association prior to today's game. ...

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2016/05/18/detroit-tigers-minnesota-twins-ricky-nolasco-justin-verlander/84529572/

Good guys up 1-0 early

Anyone else a little tired of Miggy grounding out on the first pitch he sees? Anyone know how to look up the ratio of his outs and how many are on the first pitch?

Good guys up 1-0 early

Anyone else a little tired of Miggy grounding out on the first pitch he sees? Anyone know how to look up the ratio of his outs and how many are on the first pitch?

.250 avg, .750 OPS

Good guys up 1-0 early

Pretty sure Miggy is an all time great 1st pitch hitter for his career. I wouldn't tell the guy to give it up yet.

Pretty sure Miggy is an all time great 1st pitch hitter for his career. I wouldn't tell the guy to give it up yet.

Oh definitely not. I know he normally mashes on first pitch swinging. I guess I just selfishly get upset when I see him hit a ground ball out on the first pitch, especially if its a double play. He's Miggy. He's not allowed to make outs! LOL

Hopefully we can actually strand these 2 runners fir a change and keep JV's line looking great.

If I was a starter I would refuse to leave a game with runners on base. Jesus these relievers are horrible at stranding runners

Hey Hey Tigers win to complete the sweep of the lowly twins, they off tomorrow then start a series with the hot hitting rays, rest up and start it up that energy engine Friday boys! gotta long way to get back to where ya wanna be yet.

Gotta start some where. Hopefully this builds some confidence for the next week or so.

took my son down there today, had a great time. hopefully we can win these next two series and finish this homestand with a .500 record overall

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights from the Tigers 6 - 3 win over the twins.

STREAKS AND STATS:
Cameron Maybin's stolen base in the second marked the third consecutive stolen base in as many games. He accounts for one-quarter of the team's 12 stolen bases this season.

The Tigers did not record their first stolen base until April 14, and until Maybin's three-game stolen base streak hadn't stolen a base in three consecutive games this season. The Tigers had recorded a stolen base on April 30 then two on May 1, but that was the only time period in which the team grouped together more than a pair of stolen bases -- until Wednesday's game.

Justin Verlander's strikeout of Eddie Rosario marked his 2,000th career strikeout, becoming the 76th pitcher in MLB history to do so. Only Mickey Lolich of the Tigers has more.

Ian Kinsler homered in four straight games for the first time in his career.
Kinsler is the first Tigers leadoff batter to homer in four straight games since Dick McAuliffe did it in four straight games, April 24-29, 1969.

Last edited:
Back