Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rotation moving forward

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-tig...-fulmer-isnt-going-anywhere-after-another-gem
Tigers' Michael Fulmer isn't going anywhere after another gem.
espn

Fulmer, a former first-round draft pick who was acquired from the New York Mets in exchange for Yoenis Cespedes last year, threw 124.2 innings. The year prior, he threw 98.1. Judging from the 20-25 percent estimate, the Tigers are probably figuring on him throwing in the 150-155 inning range.

Just what the Dr. ordered with Fulmer. Could be a season saver. If Fulmer keeps pitching the way he is 1-3 is as good as if not better than 50% of the teams out there

Verlander
Zimmerman
Fulmer

I smell an Edwin Jackson resurgence with the Tigers on the horizon.

giphy.gif

Sanchez needs to be scrubed to the pen. He only has a few food innings a game now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-tig...-fulmer-isnt-going-anywhere-after-another-gem
Tigers' Michael Fulmer isn't going anywhere after another gem.
espn

Fulmer, a former first-round draft pick who was acquired from the New York Mets in exchange for Yoenis Cespedes last year, threw 124.2 innings. The year prior, he threw 98.1. Judging from the 20-25 percent estimate, the Tigers are probably figuring on him throwing in the 150-155 inning range.

Do the Tigers ever draft starters stick with the club anymore? Verlander then who?

He needs to get sent down to Toledo. It seems like his confidence is zero. I almost wish it was an injury, but to me it seems he just isnt executing his pitches...

He is walking 4.6 batters and giving up 2.2 HR per 9 innings - that is a sick fucking joke.

Just saw that on the 97.1 Facebook page. I'm thinking Greene or Norris would seem like decent candidates to replace him in the rotation.

Well Zimmerman is starting Friday so technically we still have 5 starters up. Fulmer, Boyd, Zimmerman, Pelfrey and JV. Sanchez's spot would have been next Monday which would fall on Fulmer's normal rest.

Ausmus on Sanchez: "He could work his way back into the rotation, but nothing promised."

Maybe Sanchez can fill the 7th or 8th inning position cause Lowe isn't getting it done right now

Take it back on Fulmer, now that he is throwing the changeup with consistency, he is here to stay... Not only that, he is definitely our #1 or #2 with Zimmerman hurt... I like 1 thru 3, now how can we piece together 4/5??? It's time for another "Fister" trade, someone who goes 9-1 the second half... Any starters around the league who have crap records who could be gotten? If that miracle doesn't happen, here's my rotation moving forward:
1. Zimmerman
2. Verlander
3. Fulmer
4. Greene
5. Boyd

Can't stand Pelfry, slop with some slower slop...

While I dislike the quality start stat, Brad leading the league in Blown Quality Starts for 2+ years running is asinine.

From the article...
Brad Ausmus has led all of baseball in blown quality starts for two seasons and some change, which seems significant given a few other facts: no other MLB team has led the league in blown quality starts in back-to-back seasons since before 1995 (and probably further, I just stopped checking once I got that far back), and -- perhaps more importantly -- Brad Ausmus has accomplished this feat with two very different sets of starting rotations and bullpens.

Brad Ausmus is not a good manager.

Everyone wanted to shove smokes out of the building. Kudos

Back