Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rays @ Tigers 5-21-2016 Game 42

tigermud

Start 4:10
Mostly sunny, 72 degrees.

Detroit (19-22)

Kinsler, 2B
JD, RF
Miggy, 1B
Victor, DH
Nick, 3B
Kza Ton, LF
Maybin, CF
McCan’t, C
Iggy, SS

Fulmer (P) 2-1 6.52

Rays (20-19)

Guyer, LF
Miller, SS
Longoria, 3B
Pearce, 2B
Dickerson, DH
Souza, RF
Morrison, 1B
Kiermaier, CF
Casali, C

Smyly (P) 2-4 3.44

Game Notes

It's very nice out finally, wonderful day for baseball. Not overly optimistic for the offense today however, they don't tend to do well vs non overpowering lefties. Kinsler and McCan't with the best numbers on drew. Maybe Maybin can hit soft tossing lefties? They gotta eventually find someone for this line up that can don't they? lol

Hall of Famer broadcaster and CMU graduate Dick Enberg will call today's game alongside Kirk Gibson on FSD. ... Fulmer hasn't had a quality start in any of his four outings, and has failed to pitch into the sixth inning in all of them. ... Smyly, who was traded from Detroit to Tampa Bay in the 2014 David Price deal, hopes to add to the struggles of the Tigers against lefties. Smyly is seventh in the American League with 58 strikeouts in 49 2/3 innings.

Last edited:
Rays have scored 6 runs or more in 6 straight games tying a franchise record set back in 2005.

Fulmer with 11 strike outs. 1st Detroit rookie to do that since Pat Underwood in 1979.

He is throwing strikes. Other starters please take note, please.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That was most likely Fulmer's last inning. 7 IP, 106 pitches (69 strikes), 4 hits, 1 run (Longoria home run), 11 k's, 1 walk.

McCann! Way to crush that ball.

Looks like McCann is starting to see the ball better.

Mccan't with his first Hr on the year..watch your mouth Smyly

That had to feel good for him. Helps his pitcher out who threw a great game. And McCann made a terrific play to throw a runner out. Hope this gives him some more confidence in his bat.

Man, Miggy is really hitting the ball hard and nothing to show for it.

That had to feel good for him. Helps his pitcher out who threw a great game. And McCann made a terrific play to throw a runner out. Hope this gives him some more confidence in his bat.
McCann is 10x the better catcher.

Back