Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rays @ Tigers 5-22-2016 Game 43

They keep saying "knee" contusion for Miggy...we'll see what is said in the post game, I'll bet they say ....wait for it. Wait for it...

day to day

They keep saying "knee" contusion for Miggy...we'll see what is said in the post game, I'll bet they say ....wait for it. Wait for it...

day to day

7:10 game tomorrow but it's going to be bruised/sore. Might want to sit him and be overly cautious against the Phillies on Monday. My guess is unless he actually feels fine then Brad will make him sit one game and he can come in and pinch hit late if needed.

Anyone else think the best off season pick up this year was Kristen Keith???

Roger that. I'm curious how close she will get to giving us the "latest" on Z's and Miggy's injuries (especially the groin pull).

One postgame Tigers move: Drew VerHagen optioned to Toledo, Buck Farmer called up.

STREAKS AND STATS:
Ian Kinsler's leadoff single to start the game gave him a 10-game hitting streak.

Andrew Romine's triple in the second was the first of his career, surprisingly, considering the speed he has.

Miguel Cabrera's home run in the third marked his ninth of the year, tied for second-most on the team with J.D. Martinez. Kinsler leads, with 10.

Zimmermann left the game suddenly for an apparent groin injury in the sixth inning. Cabrera later left for his own HBP injury in the seventh.

Zimmermann undergoing MRI. Tigers can skip his spot with off-day Thursday and hold off decision until following week.

Ausmus not expecting Cabrera to miss much time. "He got hit right in the nerve and it sent pain down his leg," he said.

JasonBeck'sTigersBlog

Jordan Zimmermann w right groin strain. Possible 2 to 6 weeks depending on grade.

Man just no luck with this club and injuries . Man I wish we could get younger .

Man just no luck with this club and injuries . Man I wish we could get younger .

Oakland, being a young team, just set a record of placing the 13th player (26 year old Sonny Gray) on the DL. 6 players are on the 60-day DL.

OAK 13
LAA 10
NYY 6
SEA 6
TEX 6
BOS 5
KCR 5
TBR 5
TOR 4
CLE 3
MIN 3
BAL 2
CHW 2
DET 1 (Zimmermann would make 2 when he goes on the DL)
HOU 1

That is 4.8 players on the DL per team at one time.

I thought it was pretty obvious Detroit didn't have many injuries.

I thought it was pretty obvious Detroit didn't have many injuries.

I am not sure it is. Many point to last year, yet DET didn't have any more injuries then the norm. Maybe the quality of the player might be different, but the frequency has been in Detriot's favor other the last 5-10 years.

Back