Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Phillies @ Tigers 5-25-2016 Game 46

Really... freakin' Bourjos take him deep, really. good grief sanchez.

Gene Lamont went brain dead in the 7th. You see the guy is clearly in over his head and was lucky that he only gave up 5 runs. What, wanted to see more homeruns?

Sanchez is big time struggling.

Zero quality starts going into today

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like that Lamont is picking up where Ausmus left off in regards to managing pitchers and it's paying off in the very same way.

Gene Lamont went brain dead in the 7th. You see the guy is clearly in over his head and was lucky that he only gave up 5 runs. What, wanted to see more homeruns?

he knows what his bull pen's capabilities are. either way...they were going to give up more runs!

Sanchez:

Innings 4-6 2016: .250 .372 .500 .872
Innings 7-9 2016: .667 .714 1.167 1.881 (7th inning only and only 8 PA, which is its own metric)

Do you really believe there was brain activity prior to the 7th? That dude is like 'Weekend At Bernie's' on the bench, just cashing those pizza checks.

Yeah, Alex "Dont leave inherited runners with me" Wilson should handle the 8th in a high leverage situation. This game is all on lamont.

I felt we should have went with Farmer after the 5th or 6th. He's been pitching in long relief prior to being recalled and what better time to use him on a Sanchez start the day before an off day?

3 errors, starter gives up 8 hits and a walk in 6 innings, 2 relievers give up 4 hits and a walk in 2 innings and fans blame the manager.

had to watch this one on Gamecast but all in all i'd have to blame Sanchez for suckin dead goats again.

Last edited:
Back