Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Athletics 5-29-16 Game 49

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO;
Ian Kinsler booted a routine ground ball that would have ended the sixth inning, and led to three A's runs.

Cameron Maybin botched an easy pop fly after playing way too deep, then hesitating, then missing the ball for a two base error and two more unearned runs.

The official scorer failed to give Maybin an error on his flagrant error that ruined the game for Detroit.

The top of the order, Kinsler, JD Martinez, and Cabrera, were a combined 0 for 12. Martinez struck out three times, while Cabrera and Kinsler whiffed twice each.

Castellanos and Upton were a combined 0 for 6, with one strikeout each

STREAKS AND STATS:
The Tigers have four hitters: Cabrera, Castellanos, V Martinez, and Kinsler, all in the league's top 13 in batting average, wOBA, and OPS.

The Tigers now head to Anaheim, where they have 10 wins and 30 losses over the past ten seasons.

Mike Pelfrey almost escapted the month of May with a 0- 0 record, but the botched fielding by Kinsler and Upton gave him a hard luck loss.

I am really starting to get tired of Iggy. Always hearing about Omar Visquel.

I hope we have a new SS in 2017

I am really starting to get tired of Iggy. Always hearing about Omar Visquel.

I hope we have a new SS in 2017

Might be the hardest position to get. Iggy is suppose to be about defense anyway.. Though with only 1 error I suspect he is having a worse defensive year than 2015.

But if you looking to get better, good luck.

Current Defensive Rankings (200 Innings minimum)

1B - Cabrera 2nd of 30 (16th in 2015)

2B - Kinsler 16th of 28 (3rd in 2015)

SS - Iglesias 13th of 30 (11th in 2015)

3B - Castellanos 25th of 27 (25th in 2015)

LF - Upton 11th of 25 (9th in 2015)

CF - Gose 12th of 30 (28th in 2015)

RF - J.D. Martinez 28th of 29 (4th in 2015)

Since 2013 (1500 Innings Minimum)

1B - Cabrera 5th of 35

2B - Kinsler 3rd of 29

SS - Iggy 14th of 34th

3B - Castellanos 33rd of 33

LF - J. Upton 17th of 19

CF - Gose 24th of 34, Maybin 27th of 34

RF - J.D. Martinez 15th of 28

While Iggy is better than average, his metrics don't put him in the top 10 for SS. If he isn't going to hit, he needs to be better. Andrew Romine has had just as good of defensive metrics over the last few years. That keeps him in the MLB. The lack of offense keeps him from starting.

Iggy is expanding the zone too much swinging away at anything close and taking big swings to IMO, he needs to get back to just focusing on making solid contact and smashing it Into the ground..too many fly balls and short pops. You're never going to be a home run hitter iggy..embrace it

I would rather have Suarez who was traded to the reds for a turd

Last edited:
Back