Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Upton to Tigers 6 years, and tried to trade him during 2016 season

I agree on Kinsler. JV would have to be VERY consistent up to the trade deadline in order for anybody to risk that contract. If you could move Sanchez, it would be a salary dump move and not net any top prospects because of his injury history and declining numbers. I don't see any team picking up Miggy's contract. Declining numbers, increasing injuries, increasing weight and on the first year of an 8 year contract.

Now, if Zimmerman can pitch lights out for the first half, he could get you a good haul. Most people say that the Tigers signed him to a reasonable contract. An "ace" with a reasonable contract...someone might bite.

You do all that and suddenly we aren't winning for years. Trade Anibal but Zimmerman should stay just based on "reasonable contract." Same with Kinsler. No way you find a 2B better than him.. not in our farm system.

You do all that and suddenly we aren't winning for years. Trade Anibal but Zimmerman should stay just based on "reasonable contract." Same with Kinsler. No way you find a 2B better than him.. not in our farm system.

It's very likely that they aren't going to win for years anyway.

It's very likely that they aren't going to win for years anyway.

True but I think it'll be shorter with some pieces in place already. Do you honestly think the trades we made last year will pay off? I don't. No one is going to give us anyone solid for Kinsler. Or Anibal. You find a good player, relatively young and keep him. I'd trade VMART. But what will we get for him?

True but I think it'll be shorter with some pieces in place already. Do you honestly think the trades we made last year will pay off? I don't. No one is going to give us anyone solid for Kinsler. Or Anibal. You find a good player, relatively young and keep him. I'd trade VMART. But what will we get for him?

yes...they paid off.

The Tigers have these players in their system now. These guys are assets right now. Without the trades they net one draft pick.

Daniel Norris
Matt Boyd
JaCoby Jones
Fulmer
Justin Wilson

yes...they paid off.

The Tigers have these players in their system now. These guys are assets right now. Without the trades they net one draft pick.

Daniel Norris
Matt Boyd
JaCoby Jones
Fulmer
Justin Wilson

Drew Smyly

Devon Travis

Eugenio Suarez

Willy Adames

Robbie Ray

yes...they paid off.

Daniel Norris
Matt Boyd
JaCoby Jones
Fulmer
Justin Wilson

Have they done anything yet? Assets, ha.

Do you know what an asset is? They don't have to do anything at the ML level to be an asset.

I do. We could use them for trade bait and get more junk. The Miggy trade should tell us one thing, high profile ml players don't mean anything until they do something.

I do. We could use them for trade bait and get more junk. The Miggy trade should tell us one thing, high profile ml players don't mean anything until they do something.

right...but if you have them you have a chance to trade for a Miggy.

Originally you asked what the trades from last year got us. They got us assets. Weather they turn out to be major league players or just trade pieces to get major league players (they got Wilson with a player they got in one of those trades)...Soria, Cespedes and Price got the team assets. 3 guys that were going to be free agents got the organization some good assets.

right...but if you have them you have a chance to trade for a Miggy.

Originally you asked what the trades from last year got us. They got us assets. Weather they turn out to be major league players or just trade pieces to get major league players (they got Wilson with a player they got in one of those trades)...Soria, Cespedes and Price got the team assets. 3 guys that were going to be free agents got the organization some good assets.

We got once in a lifetime lucky. I don't believe these guys rank as well as Maybin and Miller did..

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/10/tigers_willing_trade_justin_up.html#incart_river_index
Tigers tried to trade Justin Upton during season, report says.
Mlive

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/10...ing-season-will-look-to-move-him-this-winter/
Tigers Tried To Trade Upton During Season, Will Look To Move Him This Winter.
CBSDetroit

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2016/10...rs-justin-upton-detroit-tigers-offseason-plan
MLB trade rumors: Tigers pushed to deal Justin Upton during 2016 season.
According to ESPN’s Buster Olney, the Tigers have already tried to trade Justin Upton.
bybtb

Last edited:
Back