Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Indians @ Tigers 9-29-16 Game 159

tigermud

TIGERS (85-73):

Kinsler 2B
Maybin CF
Miggy 1B
VMart DH
JD RF
Upton LF
Nick 3B
McCann C
Iggy SS

Norris P 3-2 (3.59)

INDIANS (91-67):

Davis CF
Ramierz 3B
Lindor SS
Napoli, DH
Guyer, LF
Almonte, RF
Aguilar, 1B
Gimenez, C
Martinez, 2B

Merritt P 0-0 (1.50)

Last edited:
Game in a rain delay already, who knows how long this will be before it starts or if it starts.. lots of flooding also..

Detroit Tigers manager Brad Ausmus didn’t get stuck in any of the flash floods on his drive from Birmingham to Comerica Park today, but he said some of his players did.

“Took me about 50 minutes,” Ausmus said. “Wasn’t too bad. I went surface streets. A lot of flooding on the surface streets.”

The outlook for today's game against the Cleveland Indians (1:10 p.m., FSD, ESPN) isn't good. An Indians bus reportedly got caught in floodwater, forcing some players to hail cabs instead. But it sounds like the Tigers will wait all day to try to get the game in.

“They’re saying it could rain until 5 o’clock,” Ausmus said. “I’d be surprised if they didn’t wait. It’s in the MLB’s hands. We don’t have any call whatsoever.”

Ausmus said the umpires could say that the field is in such a bad shape that they don’t want to risk someone getting injured.

“Ultimately, it’s their call,” Ausmus said.

Ausmus said he and Indians manager Terry Francona met with the umpires to discuss the weather before Wednesday’s game. That discussion was about whether to start the game, based on the forecast.

“I think umpires are very cognizant of not wanting to burn a team’s or both teams' starting pitcher, because they know how important that is,” Ausmus said.

The Tigers went on to beat the Indians, 6-3, on Wednesday, in a game that was rained out after five innings.

Ausmus, like many in metro Detroit, got woken up today by a flash-flood warning on his cell phone.

“7:40, it woke me up,” Ausmus said. “My wife’s phone went off. Mine went off, exact same time. We both jumped out of bed."

When he was asked about today being the final regular-season game at Comerica Park, Ausmus said: “Unless we get rained out and have to come back and play Cleveland on Monday.

“It’s been a roller coaster, but we’re still here.”

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2016/09/29/detroit-tigers-cleveland-indians/91270002/

Last edited:
I'm out at the dog park with my dogs expecting to be heading home to watch the game on ESPN shortly and I pulled up game cast and see that the game is delayed. I don't really have any more information than that regarding how long delay might be if in fact they get a chance to play it at all.

Can anyone fill me in if there's any word on that?

Good news: Grounds crew has eliminated the lakes along the warning track.
Bad news: Still raining. Tarp still on the field.

So if they aren't able to get this one in, they'd end up having to make it up on Monday if still necessary for either team. LOL. oh boy this ending of the season is starting to get a little interesting no doubt..

I kinda wish they'd play this game Monday. Squeeze Zimmerman out tomorrow and throw Fulmer Monday. Plus Cleveland likely wouldn't throw a main guy Monday.

I kinda wish they'd play this game Monday. Squeeze Zimmerman out tomorrow and throw Fulmer Monday. Plus Cleveland likely wouldn't throw a main guy Monday.

at first I thought the same thing. However, having a 3 game series in Atlanta then having to come back on Monday would be pretty tough. I prefer they get the game in tonight.

This...

Of course the Tigers need to take care of business in Atlanta and get some help from TOR/NYY.

Last edited:
Gives Fulmer a shot again at qualifying for Era title right ?
If we can win in Atlanta.

Last edited:
That stinks. Let's just hope that they have a game on Monday. Another positive, it could screw over the Indians a little bit by having them play on Monday. The Indians have screwed over the Tigers enough this year.

Maybe (hopefully) the Tigers sweep and Baltimore lays an egg.

And no need for the game Monday.

Zimmerman was said to be the starter tomorrow before this rain out, wonder what they do now, does Norris start tomorrow now, does zimmerman still get a start in Atlanta or stay with Boyd, JV on Sunday.. maybe they even end up being in a spot to need JV for Monday? pending outcomes of others between now and Sunday. i yi yi this is all getting exciting! maybe..

Back