Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Thanks Everyone

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Well our Tigers season has ended with another disappoinment. Good Pitching, No Bats, Good Bats, No Pitching from either Starters or Bullpen. Mostly Dumb baserunning, for a team with top 5 ave. obp. hits etc. the Tigers Offense did not score as many runs as you would expect.

Right here, I want to apologize to all who have read my posts and seen a different more angry and cynical Tigers fan than the life long Tigers fan I have been.
These last few years right after how 2013 ended, I have become much more angry at this team, upper management, and the staff in the dugout. It has come out of my mouth more since then at the tv and radio. I am very upset our Tigers even though yes, they have had a run of success with AL Central Champs, ALCS Champs, ......but no World Series Champs.
Living here in boston, these self entitled douce bag red sox fans have won 3 times in the last dozen years. I am bitter, and a bit jealous of these turds, and at my age 69, feel like I am running out of time to see another World Series Championship flag for our Tigers. It has also come out in my posts, angry posts at players, management and a few times at some posters. For that last part I am sorry.
Whether any of you want to post anything to the above, I needed to be open with all of you.

I have lived and died with this team since summer of 1954.
Just frustrated as all hell we have only 1968 and 1984 to pound our chest on.

I will continue to do the Tigers team notes which will be 10 years running at the end of December.

A hearty and big thank you to each of you who helped out with posting the Game Threads this year.

Thanks KC for everything you do. I truly understand the frustration level with not having won as many World Series as we could have. I'm disappointed in that too.

To me the Tigers are about much more than just seeing a winning team though. It brings us together as families and friends. It's about going to my first game at Tiger Stadium with my parents as a 3 year old. It's playing catch in the backyard. It's listening to a game with my grandfather on a hot summer night up north. It's spending a night out in the D with my college buddies. I will always look back fondly on these memories, as I hope everyone else can do with their own experiences as well.

We will be back next year for more summer fun :)

Last edited:
KC - ditto the thanks posted earlier. You are a true passionate fan and I really appreciate what you do on these boards.

The team will be back stronger, and we will bring home another series title in our lifetime. Count on it!

Thank you KC! For all you do to keep those team note threads updated all the time and the game threads. I too have become very bitter in recent years but it's not just the tigers causing that for me. Miggy just sat in the dugout for a long awhile after today's game with a look on his face that just said it all. I know that look all to well unfortuanly

Just hope he doesn't retire early on us someday is all I can ask for right now. I don't know what the future holds for this team but if they make another run next year just hope they can find away to stop pressing, I'm convinced part of the issue is that we all want it too badly, there is such a thing as wanting something too much..it doesn't work, they press trying to force it, somehow have to figure out how to stop trying to force it...

Anyway, I plan to be right back at it next year, hopefully less bitter. Now Just gotta figure out what to do for the next 4-5 months. Once the tigers are done I pretty much stop watching baseball..I may also start a Miggy HOF watch career numbers thread next spring.

Last edited:
Basically what everyone else has said. We appreciate everything you do on this this board from the team notes to the game threads. Makes the season much more interesting especially for those who are too far away to attend most games.

There's absolutely no need to apologize as we are all passionate about the Tigers and each of us has wanted to see them celebrate a world title with all of the talent over the past ten years. It's frustrating each year they come up short of that goal.

Already looking forward to April and the first game thread of 2017.

KC, I frequent many sections of this forum, you are by far my favorite poster on this board and one of the best in any forum sports related or not. It's fans like you that deserve better from the teams they root for. Hope you have a peaceful off season. Cheers buddy.

Thank you once again KC for your stats/insights.

....hell, I'm pushing 60 myself...I'm sure we all share your frustration(even the whippersnappers here who have never experienced a WS championship...but hopefully will in their lifetime). Though raised in MI, my dad was a Pirates, Steelers fan, as such, I went through many years angry as hell watching as his Pirates won the WS, Steelers winning 4 SB, Penn St. winning NC...while our locals sucked year after year. Our many arguments during that time put separation between us that, only after he passed, I realized were wasted moments over trivial shit that shouldn't have mattered so much. A lesson learned way too late in life, that there are so many more important things...more importantly, "people"(friends/family)to spend quality time with... that to dwell on things you have no control over, well, it just isn't worth it.

To you and all the regular posters(who I would rather read their comments here than listen to cornbread announcers kissing up to the organization), also the forum owners/moderators...thank you, wishing you guys a safe and healthy winter.

Thanks KC. I just hope for your sake that the Red Sox don't win the WS...you don't need that kind of headache the entire off season!

I just wish that you. Ron, and everyone else who didn't live in or wasn't born yet, could have been in the city of Detroit on that warm and sunny early fall afternoon in October of '68, when the Tigers won the WS in St Louis.

Just a year after the awful riots in the previous summer of '67, the outpouring of sheer joy and celebration throughout the city was absolutely an incredible and unforgettable sight to see in person, no old film could possibly capture its magnitude or do it justice.

Every major streetcorner had mobs of Tigers fans with signs, waving, cheering and throwing confetti @ passing cars, trucks and busloads of people, coming from their jobs downtown, who were blaring their horns with their passengers hanging out tne windows, smiling, laughing, shouting and waving. People of all ages. sex and races hugging each other in pure glee.

I know that similar happened in and around Tiger Stadium in '84, and CoPa in '06, but those celebrations were far smaller in size and scope.

Maybe the Tigers might still pull off a WS championship within this decade yet, despite our doubts. as hope springs eternal every
April.

Back