Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ocean is Suffocating

Erm...actually we have caused giving parts of the oceans the means to become capable of suffocating most marine life except mammals.

I just read another article on this in the Atlantic.

shit.

seems like we need something that could suck nitrogen out of rivers before they empty into the oceans. and it has to be done on a huge scale.

maybe Gulo could invent it.

Does algae growth require nitrogen? We could relocate those solar fuels people to the mouth of the river to grow algae and turn it into fuel on a massive scale. Probably some other unintended consequence I'm not thinking of (other than it being expensive.)

Does algae growth require nitrogen? We could relocate those solar fuels people to the mouth of the river to grow algae and turn it into fuel on a massive scale. Probably some other unintended consequence I'm not thinking of (other than it being expensive.)

that's what the article said. nitrogen compounds (primarily from plant fertilizers) lead to these algal blooms at river deltas. I assume then that nitrogen scarcity normally limits algal growth.

the algal blooms die off and in the process of decaying, suck oxygen out of the water, choking out marine life.

so the world's oceans are suffocating and it's because of Republicans?

:clap:

Well most of the zealous Gop people do think the world is only 6000 years old. Oh yeah I forget the earth is just going through a massive pollution phase all by itself because of God! !!! Need sure know which party is worsen then the other in this regard.

Last edited:
Back