Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians 9-16-16 Game 147

It would be nice if the offense could pick up a shitty pitching outing from a starter once in awhile, but naaaw just continue to flounder trying to force what isn't there.

J_Upton now has 13 multi-homer games in his career and 3 this season (last, 8/21 vs. Boston).

Greene suckin ass again, yup just keep sticken with the guys that got ya there..even if they are struggling all the time lately, where is here anyway, got em where? 6 games out of first and wild card slipping away isn't a here you should stick with assclown ausmus

Last edited:
Miguel Cabrera is 3 hits away from 2,500 in his career. He is attempting to become the eighth player in MLB history to achieve 2,500 hits in his age-33 season. The others are Hank Aaron, Ty Cobb, Jimmie Foxx, Rogers Hornsby, Mel Ott, Alex Rodriguez and Robin Yount.

What f'n balk?? Just another ump working with timmons to screw the Tigers.

This team has nothing left in the tank, they all looked baked and ready to call it a year

Is this crap over yet...inevitably every year ends the same, in disappointment

True, they've all been pretty terrible down the final stretch...disappointing

Cleveland pileing on, tigers all just want to go home. Assclown finally brings in the surrender flag Lowe I hope they score 20 more

Last edited:
download.jpg

I think he wants we fans to be more positive, For me that is very difficult, it all started years ago with that team now across the street, the fan pain is just too deep...I was extermely positive about the tigers growing up, somewhere along the way it changed, just want to win too badly I guess...falling short so many times in recent years takes a fan base toll, negatively creeps in, you start excepting something to go wrong, once you get to that bad place it's very difficult to get out of it. I'm sorry Miggy, maybe next year we can find a way not to care as much which in turn maybe help the team not press too much trying to force giveing the fan base what it so desperately wants, we are negative assholes, I blame the lions for f'king me up over the years. I suppose in the end it doesn't even matter, it's just a game, go complete your HOF career and rack up the numbers as high as you can get em..whatever happens just don't go and retire early on us like Barry and Calvin did.

Last edited:
Yup it would all be mute I'd they had just finished in 2006, 2011,12,13 or 14. Gm' s who waste to much money and still fail to build a team suited for Comerica park.

And oh those lions. I started watching about 1969,70 and received this book around then, snd they sucked me in .. course i lived in Michigan to dang it...

https://www.amazon.com/Detroit-Lions-Great-Teams-Years/dp/B0006C8W2K

Last edited:
Justin Upton: He goofed in the first inning when he lost a deep fly ball in the lights, but more than made up for it with a pair of home runs and four RBI later in the game.

Michael Fulmer: He was nickeled and dimed at times, but this game was not one to remember for Fulmer. He gave up six runs on seven hits, including a two-run homer to Mike Napoli that loomed large after the Tigers put together a small rally later in the game.

Cameron Maybin: He was one of several Tigers players to go without a hit, but Maybin?s throwing error in the bottom of the sixth was costly.

Pretty much everyone else.

STATS AND REACTIONS:

I don?t understand why the Tigers are still challenging Mike Napoli with high fastballs. Yes, he will chase them every so often, but he is having a good enough season that even slight mistakes are getting demolished.

Speaking of mistakes, Michael Fulmer made plenty tonight. He was always going to regress from the lights out form he showed mid-season, but the Tigers needed better in this game.

Balks are dumb.

Back