Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Contenders or pretenders

And the nominees for the great pretender is the tigers management. starting pitiful was the closes thing to giving up. Should have started a bull pen guy and let the BP pitch the game from start to ending. As it all most did. Pitiful should never start a tiger game again.

AA's free agent signings last off season.

Pelfrey, Upton, Lowe, Zimmerman, Wilson, Rodriguez & Salty

Rodriguez has been the only one that has really panned out. The first three have been huge disappointments. DD must be laughing his ass off.

AA's free agent signings last off season.

Pelfrey, Upton, Lowe, Zimmerman, Wilson, Rodriguez & Salty

Rodriguez has been the only one that has really panned out. The first three have been huge disappointments. DD must be laughing his ass off.

To be fair, Pelfrey hasn't really been a disappointment, he is exactly what most of us thought he would be.

To be fair, Pelfrey hasn't really been a disappointment, he is exactly what most of us thought he would be.

He's been a major disappointment because few if any wanted him here because we knew he'd be a disappointment.

I disagree. I think he exceeded our expectations of how shitty he could be. He has surpassed his shittyness by a nice margin.

His career ERA and WHIP is 4.56 and 1.50

For the Tigers so far, 5.00 & 1.74

I disagree. I think he exceeded our expectations of how shitty he could be. He has surpassed his shittyness by a nice margin.

His career ERA and WHIP is 4.56 and 1.50

For the Tigers so far, 5.00 & 1.74

Career Away = 5.14 ERA 1.62 WHIP

2013-2015 Away = 5.27 ERA 1.61 WHIP

He is exactly within his norm if you take away his Pitcher Park friendly stats.

Career Away = 5.14 ERA 1.62 WHIP

2013-2015 Away = 5.27 ERA 1.61 WHIP

He is exactly within his norm if you take away his Pitcher Park friendly stats.

I was talking about what he has done for the Tigers....which would include home and away.

Last edited:
I was talking about what he has done for the Tigers....which would include home and away.

I understand that. I am pointing out his time with DET is on par with his career away and his last 3 years away. Meaning his isn't any better nor worse. He is exactly as foretasted by me and many others.

Let's rank those FA signings from best to worst so far.

Rodriguez (much, much better than I expected)
Wilson (has had couple of rough patches but all in all hasn't been horrible, over used tad IMO)
Salty (has had some huge clutch HR's)
Pelfrey (got through 5 at least half the time before back injury)
Zimmerman (injured half the year, great April not much after that)
Upton (outside of about two weeks has been an auto out most of the time)
Lowe (beyond terrible most of the year, horrendous era)

so far.. some of these guys will still be here next year if not all of them.

Last edited:

Wilson (has had couple of rough patches but all in all hasn't been horrible, over used tad IMO)

you are generous

((sniff-sniff))

I seem to be smelling the scent of toast tonight.

For the most part I agree.

Salty was brought to be a backup on a team with a backup as a starter, overall I can't really complain for what we have gotten from him for $500k.

K-Rod, while I dislike him as a person, has made me eat some crow.

Justin Upton and his $22 million+ for what will likely be 180 K's can go fuck himself.

Zimmerman was never going to be an ace, AA overpaid for him. He could still be a big part of the rotation the next few years, but the way our young arms have progressed, I would try to trade him in the offseason.

Pelfrey was so bad a signing that AA should have to wear a dunce hat every time he starts a game.

Dagger game of the likely series sweep by the Indians for this Sunday Tigers lineup of dudmuffins.

They could become a mind-boggling and maybe unprecedented 1-14 season vs Cleveland, with a 4-game home-series still remaining.

Makes me wonder if an NL or AL team has ever went only 1 or 2 games won vs a division rival or pre-1969 league, for a season in MLB history? Pretty sure that even a historic 100+ loss team like the '03 Tigers or '62 Mets didn't have an 0-1-2 fer.

Back