Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Indians 9-17-16 Game #148

Well, a small bit of good news to finish out the night is that the Blue Jays, Orioles, Mariners, and Yankees all lost tonight, so they didn't gain any ground on us in the wild card; only the Astros profited, pulling into a tie with the Mariners and Tigers at 3 games behind the Orioles and Blue Jays.

Imagine the score if the tables were turned and Verlander left in the first. If Dennis Green were alive, he'd tell you how I feel about this team.

I have seen, heard, and watched Tigers teams lose ugly often over the past 50+ seasons, but this one was unforgivably and unforgettably top 10ish. Every position player involved except Miggy should forfeit their game pay for being a part of that utterly shameful and humiliating debacle, and should post a signed group letter of apology to the Tigers fans on the ballclub's website.

Last edited:
In the 6th...did Miggy wave Iggy in or hold him up? I thought he would have made it on that first wild pitch.

Funny you should bring that up. I thought about that when they mentioned how good Cleveland has been at home this year. I wonder if they do have something going on?

49-25 at home vs 37-37 on the road.

Them possibly stealing signs have nothing to do with the Tigers offense completely being absent up until today's game. 40 runs in 14 games = 2.86 runs a game. The lone win we have is a 12-2 drumming. Which means we scored a total of 28 runs in the other 13 games, or 2.16 runs a game.

How do we know the indians advance scouting knows how impatient and hacktastic most of the Tigers batters are and continue to throw the types of pitches to the Tigers batters weaknesses knowing they will chase.

Last edited:
Them possibly stealing signs have nothing to do with the Tigers offense completely being absent up until today's game. 40 runs in 14 games = 2.86 runs a game. The lone win we have is a 12-2 drumming. Which means we scored a total of 28 runs in the other 13 games, or 2.16 runs a game.

I'm not excusing the Tigers of anything here. I just meant that I thought it was odd that the Indians overall do much better at home than on the road. Does that mean it's due to sign stealing? Probably not, but that thought did cross my mind before I read the story about it. Just thought it was interesting.

Back