Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fulmer, Boyd & Norris

tomdalton22

Here are some numbers that give me a glimmer of hope for the future.

Since July 1st the three young guys have had 34 starts. Here are their numbers.

196.3 innings pitched

3.34 ERA
1.15 WHIP
53% QS

I am concerned that Fulmer especially will encounter arm issues in time.

why is that? Is there something in his delivery?

I am not a fan of scapular loading with the elbows high. It can and has escalated into injury with pitchers like Prior, Strasburg, Zimmerman, Antony Reyes and others.

I am not a fan of scapular loading with the elbows high. It can and has escalated into injury with pitchers like Prior, Strasburg, Zimmerman, Antony Reyes and others.

hmmm. I don't know anything about pitching mechanics. I guess it's something to keep an eye on.

hmmm. I don't know anything about pitching mechanics. I guess it's something to keep an eye on.

Michael_Fulmer_6zdk0hdf_r0wazvi4.png
Elbow above shoulder.

justin-verlander.jpeg
Elbow below shoulder.

I hated that we had to make the trades, but liked the returns we got. Early indications on the trades are looking very good. All three of these guys look like they'll be rotation worthy (or even aces), and Jones also looks like he'll be a contributor soon.

I hated that we had to make the trades, but liked the returns we got. Early indications on the trades are looking very good. All three of these guys look like they'll be rotation worthy (or even aces), and Jones also looks like he'll be a contributor soon.

They had to be made. Or we would have lost them 2 months later..

Back