Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox 9-07-16 Game 139

Guess it doesnt matter much if the pitcher is a scrub , as this team has shown many , many times already . Great game boys , way to rise to the occasion !!

Holy shit he had him 0-2 and not one of those next three pitches was a waste pitch before Abreu's single . We are the dumbest staff in baseball. Just awful pitching by Greene. Awful .

No they have worn out dumb. They are now Stupid. You can be dumb for just so long and then you move farther down the line.

I wish someone had the balls to ask Brad why he let McCann face the righty and then pinch hit Salty in the next at bat. We actually have some lefties on the bench right now and he shit himself again.

This has been going on the whole season. They are a roller coaster. Why did people think it wouldn't continue?

Another reason to have Maybin bunt in a 4-4 tie right before Kinsler gets picked.

He is struggling big time right now . He ended up 1 for 13 with 6 k's in the series.

Try something different Brad !!!!

I knew a lot of you would be harping on Brad when the players didn't do their jobs. The entire pen is garbage. You guys are too funny.

Last edited:
I knew a lot of you would be harping on Brad when the players did their jobs. The entire pen is garbage. You guys are too funny.

I did mention AA and his garbage pen but why is brad getting a pass for using Greene when he has been garbage the last month and the lefty wilson kid. Al we are saying is try something different maybe. That is brad he never tries anything different ever it seems. Dare to be different sometimes which Brad seems incapable of doing.

Last edited:
Justin Upton: More like Justin time. Had it not been for his home run, the Tigers would’ve remained off the board until the seventh. He also singled in the ninth.

Seventh inning: With two outs, James McCann worked a walk, Casey McGehee hit a six-pitch single, and Iglesias doubled for the go-ahead run (at the time).

Bruce Rondon and Alex Wilson: The duo gave Detroit a clean sixth and seventh inning, respectively. The former needed just seven pitches, and the latter, 13 to retire all six batters in order with a strikeout apiece.

Shane Greene: Hasn’t been pitching well. Failed to be serviceable again and gave up the tying and go-ahead runs for the White Sox. Greene had allowed one run over 9 2/3 innings in July. Greene has allowed 14 runs and 17 hits over his past 9 1/3 innings covering eight appearances.

Tigers bullpen in the eighth: It wasn’t pretty. They gave up four runs on five hits and a walk. The Tigers went from leading by one, to trailing by three. Comparing their efforts, it made Anibal Sanchez look like an ace, and the starter was not particularly sharp.
The difference? He could at least escape jams and the bullpen couldn’t.

STATS AND INFO:
Shane Greene’s ERA ballooned to 13.85 since August 17. He had maintained a 2.89 ERA in the 29 games prior, dating back to June 4.

Justin Wilson had a 1.17 ERA in his last nine outings entering Wednesday’s game, but he gave up two inherited runners and one of his own in the eighth.

Because the Orioles lost their game today, the Tigers had a chance to enter their day off even with the Orioles for the second Wild Card spot.
Both teams have Thursday off, but because Detroit lost, they’ll entire Friday’s series one game behind Baltimore and needing to make up more ground.

Reliever Bruce Rondon, who threw a scoreless inning on Wednesday, has quietly had a very nice month. Over his last 15 outings, he's thrown 14 1/3 innings, allowed only two runs on nine hits and struck out 20. Opponents are batting only .173 against him.

Tigers center fielder Cameron Maybin went 1-for-13 with six strikeouts in the series, his first games since missing a week with an aggravated thumb injury.

DTBR = Detroit Tigers Bad Baserunning.

Last edited:
I wasn't watching this game on the internet, but I was watching the box score. I noticed that Shane Greene allowed 3 earned runs. Greene allowed 2 runs while on the mound and Justin Wilson pitched to the player who drove in Garcia, an inherited runner from Shane Greene. Alright guys. It is September 8th. The margin is thin. If we do a bunch of smart stuff and make some clutch plays, we will make it to the wild card game. If we have a lot of things go right, we will make it to the division championship. If we have shitty relief pitching, and dumb baserunning, we will miss the playoffs. We will face Minnesota and Atlanta for a total of 10 games in the remaining games this year. Those are the worst teams in baseball. We have to beat the crap out of them.

Back