Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Twins 9-21-16 Game 151

tigermud

Detroit (80-70)

Maybin, CF
Aybar, 2B
Miggy, 1B
JD, RF
Upton, DH
Collins, LF
McCann, C
Romine, 3B
Iggy, SS

P: Farmer 0-0 (4.07)

Twins (55-96)

Dozier, 2B
Polanco, SS
Mauer, DH
Vargas, 1B
Kepler, RF
Grossman, LF
Escobar, 3B
Centeno, C
Buxton, CF

P: Berrios 2-7 (8.88)

Game notes

Forecast: Thunderstorms

No Victor or Ian for the second straight game as they are still healing from getting hit by pitches in Cleveland, that bastard tribes pitcher

The Tigers played a complete game against the Twins in Tuesday's series opening win. With the win, the Tigers are 7-0 at Target Field this season and sit 1 1/2 games behind the Baltimore Orioles for the second American League wild-card spot. ... Tonight, Farmer makes his first big-league start of the season. Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he picked Farmer over veterans Anibal Sanchez and Mike Pelfrey because “he’s pitched better. Pretty simple.” ... Detroit has demolished Berrios in two outings this season. They tallied seven runs (three hits and four walks) in two-thirds of an inning against Berrios in a 10-8 win May 16. And they scored six runs over five innings off him in an 8-5 road win Aug. 25. For those keeping score, that's 13 runs (12 earned) over 5 2/3 innings, for a 19.06 ERA

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...detroit-tigers-minnesota-twins-game/90767600/

Last edited:
So far twice now tiger hitters have failed with a runner on third and less the 2 outs and
0-5 so far with runners in scoring postion :/

I can't believe we do not have any runs yet. Man we have let this clown off the hook :/

Supposed to rain all night I think, don't think this one resumes, options for make up? Start it over, Double header tomorrow?

Last edited:
Ian Kinsler and Victor Martinez both are out for a second consecutive game. Kinsler needs a symptom-free day per concussion protocol, so his symptoms yesterday ruled him out. He said today he?s feeling encouraged, but still has to go through baseball activity before he can be cleared for tomorrow. Martinez apparently was feeling improvement in his right knee, but isn?t quite ready yet.

?He said he?s better,? manager Brad Ausmus said, ?but from his description, he could use another day.?

Though Ausmus said Tuesday that Steven Moya could see time at DH if Martinez remains out, Justin Upton gets a day out of the field, with Tyler Collins starting in left.
JasonBeck'sTigersBlog

Supposed to rain all night I think, don't think this was resumes, options for make up? Start it over, Double header tomorrow?

That would not be good. Sanchez or Pelfrey would have to start! How ever Fulmer would have 4 days rest. and he would pitch against Minnie instead of KC which at this time I think would be better for Fulmer. I think Tigers messed him up against the Tribe last outing! He pitched the 9th and could have pitched the 15th in pitiful's loss ! and that would have been better all around. And less stress full on Fulmer. Should the Tigers be concern about hin innings they should pitch him is less stress full games as well!!!!

My is this team so missed managed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any one out there on this board could do better when it comes to starting pitching. To win games get the best pitching match ups to win games. Win the winnable games and take your chances with the rest. Bad pitchers win against good teams some times.

Maybe this might help. We may get Kinsler and victor back .. need to sweep though.

Baltimore and Toronto both Lost. But the Astros and yanks both won.

Back