Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Twins 9-22-16 Game 151

tigermud

Make up from last nights rain out, Game 1 of 2 for today.

Detroit (80-70)

Maybin, CF
Iggy, SS
Miggy, DH
JD, RF
Upton, LF
McCann, C
Jones, 3B
Salty, 1B
Romine, 2B

P: Sanchez 7-13 (5.90)

Twins (54-91)

Dozier, 2B
Polanco, SS
Kepler, RF
Sano, 3B
Vargas, 1B
Suzuki, DH
Grossman, LF
Murphy, C
Buxton, CF

P: Dean 1-6 (6.71)

Game notes: After Wednesday's rainout, the Tigers have a unique opportunity today in Minnesota. They begin play just a game behind the Baltimore Orioles for the second AL wild card. The Orioles host Boston tonight, in hopes of avoiding a four-game sweep. Detroit will send Sanchez to the mound for the afternoon tilt. In his last start, against these Twins, he was roughed up for six earned runs over four innings Sept. 14. In the nightcap, Verlander will get the ball. In two starts against Minnesota this season, Verlander is 1-0 with a 2.35 ERA over 15 1/3 innings.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2016/09/22/detroit-tigers-minnesota-twins/90824904/

Last edited:
Miggy kills a good start and Dozier gets us again

Last edited:
Well I see Sanchez isn't off to a good start and are they ever going to stop giving Dozier anything to hit? He's only the hottest HR hitter in the major since the all star break. sure sure just keep serving em up to him guys :shrug:

Last edited:
Well I see Sanchez isn't off to a good start and are they ever going to stop giving Dozier anything to hit? He's only the hottest HR hitter in the major since the all star break. sure sure just keep serving em up to him guys :shrug:

Remember we have stop using the dumb word for Tiger management. They have lowered them self to I can not learn.

WTFET 6 players batting under .250 in the line up today and can not play enough defense to keep from committing an error. results 5 more pitches to the PC.

I would love to see a few bloops or shorter line drives drop in. Too many long outs on this team.

I'm glad their wasn't someone on base for Miggy; it would have been his 2nd gidp of the game. Tigers need to wake up, or they will lose this one.

Anibal's made a good recovery from that bad pitch in the first inning. Offence needs to start getting this game in hand. Like get some base runners and runs!

Come on boys you don't have to give into this pitcher. Walks can work to guys.

Last edited:
Great another stiff shuting down the tiger offense :/

Soft tossing stiff.

Last edited:
When we play Cleveland, I think it would be fair if we hit Santana and Napoli with pitches in the 1st inning, and knocked them out for the rest of the series....let's see how the Cleveland bench does under pressure.

Well if you're not going to be able to get a guy like Pat Dean then, well.. not much positive you can say about that. Soft tossing lefties, still can't hit em for shit.

Back