Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals 9-20-15 Game 148

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers trail 3 - 0,

TIGERS (career numbers off Kris Medlen)

Anthony Gose, CF
Ian Kinsler, 2B
Miguel Cabrera, DH (3-for-6)
J.D. Martinez, RF (1-for-1)
Victor Martinez, 1B (1-for-3)
Nick Castellanos, 3B
Tyler Collins, LF
James McCann, C
Dixon Machado, SS
P: Alfredo Simon

royals (career numbers against Simon)

Ben Zobrist, 2B (3-for-14, triple, 2 walks, 4 K?s)
Lorenzo Cain, CF (1-for-3, 2 K?s)
Eric Hosmer, 1B (3-for-6, 2 doubles, HR, walk, K)
Kendrys Morales, DH (1-for-3, double)
Mike Moustakas, 3B (2-for-6, double)
Alex Rios, RF (0-for-2)
Paulo Orlando, LF
Christian Colon, SS (0-for-2, K)
Drew Butera, C (0-for-3, walk, K)
P: Kris Medlen

Never thought it'd get this bad with no one posting. Props for keeping it going.

I know I am not...but makes you wonder if some on here are just fairweather.

I know I am not...but makes you wonder if some on here are just fairweather.

Today is Sunday so you have football. On other days there are many who probably keep track of what they do, just not post. Then someone like me, I don't get games so I have to rely on ESPN Game Cast. Not easy to post when you're getting updates that lag behind.

I don't believe there are many fair weather fans.. Not the ones who post here. IMO.

Combination of things Mitch and Rebbiv.

Tigers are playing lousy yes, but even the past few years since we left espn at this time of year on a Sunday, everyone is on the Lions' game thread.
I wouldn't hold it against anyone.
Lions faithful fans have waited all year without football,

You know for years and years back in the late 50's through the 60's the bruins were dog crap, but the fans filled the old Boston garden every game to the capacity 13, 909.
The Celtics were winning championships year after year and might have filled the old garden to 5,000 to 6,000 if they were playing a good team.

Has little to do with being 'fairweather' and alot more to do with the negativity amongst the Tiger 'fans' that post here. Being critical is fine but relentless bashing of everything and every move the organization makes it grating and personally as a fan of this team i've found other places to go to discuss the Tigers.

Last edited:
Has little to do with being 'fairweather' and alot more to do with the negativity amongst the Tiger 'fans' that post here. Being critical is fine but relentless bashing of everything and every move the organization makes it grating and personally as a fan of this team i've found other places to go to discuss the Tigers.

I'd agree with most of this.

Today is Sunday so you have football. On other days there are many who probably keep track of what they do, just not post. Then someone like me, I don't get games so I have to rely on ESPN Game Cast. Not easy to post when you're getting updates that lag behind.

I don't believe there are many fair weather fans.. Not the ones who post here. IMO.

The posting has diminished over the last couple of months. And yes, on Sundays when the Lions play there would probably be less.

I too am one that watches the game, but rarely posts here during the game.

And I didn't specifically say that anyone was fairweather. So that it makes me wonder.

Then there are those whose sole purpose is to antagonize certain posters. Their absent aren't missed. Who cares if they went to another board for their thrills.

I was at the game yesterday. Not much to cheer about other than 2 awesome catches in the crowd, and JD gave a kid his bat on the way to the dugout after he broke it on that little bloop right back to the pitcher. Went with a group of about 20 friends, so went with cheap seats.

RGHPeDW.jpg

I was on a golf trip this past weekend. I usually don't post in the Sunday games unless it is a night game. I usually have other things to do (family, etc)

That said...what a terrible game. On the bright side...they did take 2 out of 3 from KC. Currently have the 7th worst record in baseball, so IF they decide to sign a FA that has a QO (which is probably not a good idea given their current payroll) at least they would not give up their top 10 pick!

Last edited:
Can't watch the lions and the Tigers both lose on the same day is all, since the lions only play once a week most choose to watch the lions lose...it wasn't pretty or fun

Now today the Tigers will be playing a double header againts the white sox if they take both they'll no longer be in last place.

Now it's Monday and I have to work so won't be able to watch or partisapte in the board festivities for game 1...might be able to join late for game two depending on how work goes today and whether or not the unmitigated disaster continues at the same pace or not

We'll see..so,there ya go if I don't make it, it wasn't on account of being fair weather, rather Continued Choas...ok with you?

Good

Personally I don't post as much in game threads the last couple of seasons because where I used to sit at my pc and stream games or listen on the radio, but now I can watch on TV.

Though I admit I watch less now and listen less. I still catch up on all the games, checking box scores and highlights, but frankly there is a lot wrong with this team, and it's hard to be enthusiastic. Call me fairweather if you like, wont bother me.

Another problem is that baseball since it's beginnings has always been a numbers game. Yet statistics are treated like black magic around here. Many posters have better eyeball tests than stats and will raise all kinds of hell when you post some numbers. A couple other numbskull posters (everybody knows who they are) probably don't even have problems with stats, just the posters who post them. It's infantile.

In the meantime many of us post less and less in game threads, and it's going to be worse next couple of seasons as we rebuild. This team lived on credit for a long time and now the bill has come due, many of us here knew/warned it would happen only to be shouted down by the rah-rah crowd. Simply look at the buyers/sellers threads and you will see how many believed we were still in it even after stats were posted showing our W/L record for several games prior was terrible and we needed to sell.

I have no doubt that everyone here is a loyal Tigers fan. Maybe we aren't all as dedicated as posters like Kaline, Manchild, Bob, or Tigermud who have posted along all season long, but I don't think that makes everyone else fairweather, after all many of us came from ESPN boards from the pre-Leyland days.

bottom of the 9th. Tigers down 2-0...only one hit so far. If somebody gets on I wonder if Miggy will pinch hit?

Back