Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Whitesox 9-23-15 Game 152

johnny2x2x

Day game today. JV on the mound, Tigers up in the 3rd 2-0 on a V-Mart 2 run homer.

Miggy sitting another day game. Ausmus know how much better he's hit during the day this year? 1.076 vs .909 OPS.

Day game today. JV on the mound, Tigers up in the 3rd 2-0 on a V-Mart 2 run homer.

Miggy sitting another day game. Ausmus know how much better he's hit during the day this year? 1.076 vs .909 OPS.

ESPN says he is out with "back irritation"

ROARS:

Justin Verlander: Verlandering doesn't necessarily mean pitching a no-hitter or a shutout. It means battling and still getting out of jams when it matters. Verlander did just that on Wednesday. He delivered seven solid innings of three-run ball on five hits, fanning Soto for the final out of the seventh to strand the bases-loaded situation and exit to a standing ovation. While he walked three, Verlander also struck out eight and only one of the walks came around to score.

STREAKS AND STATS:

Victor Martinez launched the 200th home run of his career in the second inning, a two-run shot to right field. He becomes the sixth Venezuelan-born player to reach the plateau, joining teammate Miguel Cabrera and former Tigers player Magglio Ordonez.

In his last nine games including Wednesday, Martinez is batting .385/.379/.654 with 2 home runs and 9 RBI.

Rajai Davis hit his 11th triple of the season in the fourth inning. His triples are third in the majors, with 11. Only Kevin Kiermaier (12) and Eddie Rosario (14) have more.

Davis' 11 triples are the most for a Tigers player since Austin Jackson had 11 in 2011.

The Tigers' two through five batters finished 7-for-14 with two walks, a double, and the two-run homer.

J.D. Martinez's ground-rule double in the third marked his 97th and 98th RBI of the season, seventh-most in the AL.

I think it's more than "back irritation" . when he came into 3rd the other day he was looking at his calf. I think he's telling them that so he can get his Batting Crown.

I think it's more than "back irritation" . when he came into 3rd the other day he was looking at his calf. I think he's telling them that so he can get his Batting Crown.

What does saying he has back problems help with a batting title?

What does saying he has back problems help with a batting title?

I'm guessing he means Cabrera is saying his injury is not what it really is so he is not put on the DL again and loses a chance at the batting title from losing PA's.

I'm guessing he means Cabrera is saying his injury is not what it really is so he is not put on the DL again and loses a chance at the batting title from losing PA's.

Okay. thanks.

At this time though, with call ups, never a reason to go DL. No benefit. They don't need the space.

yep! thanks.

I think he needs what 15 more PA's... technically they could project him out 0-15 to still qualify for the title I believe if need be, which would finish him at .325 I think.

Bogaerts isn't going quietly either he's up to .324 now.

Last edited:
Back