Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ausmus to be back next year.

Good, can't wait to boo his ass all season long and free up my summer TV viewing. Fuck this franchise.

Good, can't wait to boo his ass all season long and free up my summer TV viewing. Fuck this franchise.

Booing won't help. Banning the season from me won't help either. But I gave it 49 years.. Plus, many good games coming next spring and summer PC and PS4.. but it's hot as fudge here during the summer, baseball was the outlet.

Not sure why this upsets me so much but if Ausmus can keep his job then maybe the franchise has become the Lions.

As an old friend used to say, this is fuckdiculous!!!!!

Brad Ausmus must have compromising pictures of GM Al Avila and/or pics of Mike Ilitch without his toupee!!

Ausmus can't manage a bullpen to save his life,
Al Avila can get clones of Rollie Fingers, Goose Gossage, Mariano Rivera, + get Aroldis Chapman. Brad Ausmus will find a way to mess it up.

Last edited:
I don't even know what to say. I saw it on facebook first and thought it was a joke.

Al Avila talking about it during in game booth visit...says he works hard, very detailed and likes how he works with the young players. Didn't say anything about his terrible game managing though..

Bleh not impressed

Last edited:
Al Avila talking about it during in game booth visit...says he works hard, very detailed and likes how he works with the young players. Didn't say anything about his terrible game managing though..

Bleh not impressed

His terrible game managing is bad, but what is worse is the players don't seem to respect him and don't respond to him well.

If you don't have a good attitude in the clubhouse, you aren't going to win shit regardless of talent.

Avila could be feeding everyone bullshit, might be cheaper keeping ausmus, than hiring a new manager, coaches etc, cost for that could total a few Million more? budget and bottom line. might have a better idea on all this after we see what they do offseason and where the total salary for the team is.

I am scratching my head trying to think of 1 young player that he has helped. Castellanos? Greene? McCann? Krol? Who is it that is better today than back in April? I cannot think of a single player. Maybe it was because he sent Rondon home, well after when he should have done something.

Nope. This is bullshit and as KC mentioned, it probably has to do with money. We would be more pissed if they said. Hey, we are keeping Brad and his idiotic staff, because we cannot afford to the replace them.

And if anyone in this organization thinks that by keeping Brad and his coaching staff for 2016 helps improve this club, they are sadly mistaken. I foresee more hacking, more idiotic base running, more 0-2 grooved pitches.

It has to be the money. Brad and his staff did nothing to earn another season. Four time division champs to cellar dweller doesn't earn additional seasons.

Back