Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Scherzer throws 2nd No Hitter vs Mets

swami45

Throwing error away from a perfect game, also had 17 Ks.

So technically he is a bloop single, hit batter, and error away from having 3 perfect games this year.

I have never been more wrong when I thought the tigers wouldn't miss him

Throwing error away from a perfect game, also had 17 Ks.

So technically he is a bloop single, hit batter, and error away from having 3 perfect games this year.

I have never been more wrong when I thought the tigers wouldn't miss him

We definitely miss him. We were spoiled with great starting pitching for a while.

I thought this comment was interesting...."I trusted my catcher," Scherzer said. "There were a lot of times he called some pitches I wasn't sure about. I trusted him and it worked we were in sync."

Miss him or not no way they could afford him. Not like they didn't offer him a hefty sum.

Miss him or not no way they could afford him. Not like they didn't offer him a hefty sum.

You're right about that one. Washington will regret giving him that contract. They'll be paying him for six or seven years after he quits playing.

You're right about that one. Washington will regret giving him that contract. They'll be paying him for six or seven years after he quits playing.

The interest on an annuity will be paying him that salary. A $40-45 Mil (roughly $6 Mil a year) annuity started in 2015 (contract start), will pay $15 Mil a year from 2022-2029.

Scherzer's contract was very creative and very doable by any team willing to spend the money. They are paying $22 Mil a year through 2018 for a top end starter. That would mean roughly $28 Mil a year if you include the annuity monies.

While Scherzer will be getting paid from 2022-2029, the Nats aren't dipping into any money other than the annuity they set up. This contract is a win for Scherzer and and win for the Nats.

I watched this game. Most dominant thing I have ever seen. Why can't the Tigers get players like Max Scherzer?

The Tigers 2013 Rotation was one of the best all time. At the time set a record for Strikeouts. broken by the indians iirc last year?
All we needed was a decent bullpen..........like we have wanted for how many years now?

Back