Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Ohio 4 star LB Anthony McKee will be visiting the 21st and will be on committ watch.

FL CB Kaleel Gaines is also on commit watch and is trying to set up a visit in the next few weeks. Gaines is proof the recruiting services know nothing, he's a mid to low 3 star recruit...with offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Oregon, and Michigan State.

Recent Committ OH DE Justice Alexander has been getting the hard sell from Kentucky and Alabama among, trying to tell him Narduzzi won't be here next year, but the kid has reaffirmed his committment and has planned sevral visits to E Lansing. Kid is a stud and everyone is going to want him once he becomes a more high profile kid.

Despite what UM slappies have been saying, the staff is recruiting Michael Weber even harder siince Larry Scott committed. They think he is versatile enough to play several roles on the team. Still think his relationship with Blackwell will be the deciding factor for him.

OSU invited Justice Alexander to their Friday Night lights camp, not sure if he's going. overall it's a good thing that OSU wants our guys but that's one to watch.

I still think Weber ends up at UM, we have room for 2 RB's but he grew up as a Michigan fan. I'd be happily surprised if he picks MSU

OSU invited Justice Alexander to their Friday Night lights camp, not sure if he's going. overall it's a good thing that OSU wants our guys but that's one to watch.

I still think Weber ends up at UM, we have room for 2 RB's but he grew up as a Michigan fan. I'd be happily surprised if he picks MSU

Alexander is not going to camp at OSU, he said so in the last couple days. But his recruitment is about to blow up. Kid ran a 4.58 forty at 6-6, 240 lbs.

It's been said the coaches would take Scott, Weber, and OH RB Darin Hall. Weber was quoted as saying just a week or two ago, that he couldn't imagine himself going anywhere other than MSU, but things can change.

Alexander is not going to camp at OSU, he said so in the last couple days. But his recruitment is about to blow up. Kid ran a 4.58 forty at 6-6, 240 lbs.

It's been said the coaches would take Scott, Weber, and OH RB Darin Hall. Weber was quoted as saying just a week or two ago, that he couldn't imagine himself going anywhere other than MSU, but things can change.

weber also wears michigan gear, we'll see on that one, not getting my hopes up

quotes from Alexander in the Detroit News today

"Other schools are trying to get me to visit, but I'm totally committed to Michigan State," he told Scout’s Bill Greene. "The ones recruiting me hardest would be Alabama, Auburn and Ohio State. None of those schools have offered, but they all want me to visit.”

He added: "I'm committed to Michigan State, but I like to compete against the best, so that's the only reason I would think about going to another school's camp. Ohio State wants me to come on July 25 for their Friday Night Lights camp."

If Alexander did move forward with camp plans, he would make certain he was honest and up front with the Spartan staff before doing so.

"I've thought about going, but before I would go to Ohio State I would have to talk to my parents and also to Michigan State first," he continued. "It would be the same for Alabama and Auburn, but I'm not sure if they have camps left."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140717/SPORTS0202/307170091#ixzz37kGzUxh2

Last edited:
WR Felton Davis III commits tonight. Offers fromVirginia Tech, Miami, Wisconsin, Missouri, Nebraska, Louisville, Vandy etc.

6-4, 180 receiver with good speed and hands. He's a high 3 or low 4 star if you're into stars.

Last edited:
Huge get out of TX, CB Josh Butler. Offers from Miami Fl, ND, Clemson, Baylor, Ok State, Tx A&M, Baylor, Arkansas, Tennessee, UCLA etc.

Big day for Crootin. Anthony McKee will commit later this week.

Tyler Higby OT from Texas commits. Had offers from LSU, Auburn, Oklahoma State, TCU, Miami, Louisville, Maryland.

The next 7 days will see us add 3 other recruits IMO, Gaines, McKee, and Thompson. Class is filling up fast.

Tyler Higby OT from Texas commits. Had offers from LSU, Auburn, Oklahoma State, TCU, Miami, Louisville, Maryland.

The next 7 days will see us add 3 other recruits IMO, Gaines, McKee, and Thompson. Class is filling up fast.

I think Thompson will pop soon, not as sure about the other ones. It's good to have low attrition like we do but it really makes for limited scholarship spots.

I think Thompson will pop soon, not as sure about the other ones. It's good to have low attrition like we do but it really makes for limited scholarship spots.

Word is Thompson will announce today, possibly this morning yet.

Every year we talk about small classes, this class will be 17 if we have no one leave early and zero attrition. So honestly, at least 3 guys will leave for one reason or another, and as many as 5. This class will be 20-22 recruits IMO.

Word is Thompson will announce today, possibly this morning yet.

Every year we talk about small classes, this class will be 17 if we have no one leave early and zero attrition. So honestly, at least 3 guys will leave for one reason or another, and as many as 5. This class will be 20-22 recruits IMO.

I think Calhoun is gone after this year and possibly Waynes. We just lost Ezra Robinson and that hurt, i'm sure a few other guys won't crack the depth chart and want to leave for a better opportunity.

2016 WR Cameron Chambers is announcing today, it's between us and Michigan and most of the Michigan folk seem to think it's us. Would be a nice player to add, but 2016 signing day is a long way off. Has good size and speed, and the services gave him a lot of stars if you care about nonsense like that.

Kaleel Gaines ran a 4.43 electronically timed forty at Auburn last week. Kid is an absolute stud and is probably one of the best DBs in the country, hope he commits this weekend.

John Kelly is on campus and word is he might be with Michael Weber.

Last edited:
Cam Chambers picked MSU over OSU, Bama, Florida and others. Nice. Big and tall Wr who can really move and has some outstanding hands and athleticism. Ranks as the #43 and #48 overall player in the nation according to the geeks at Scout and Rivals. Also plans to enroll early.

Last edited:
Kaleel Gaines is announcing Monday night. Needless to say, he's been the #1 DB on our board for some time.

Think about this, if Gaines commits we'll have beaten Ohio State and Alabama for 3 out state recruits in three weeks. We also just beat LSU for a Texas kid. The nature of recruiting is you lose more than you win, but we've just beaten more big time programs fr recruits in the last month than we usually do in 2 years. ND, Florida, FSU, Auburn, Bama, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, South Carolina, etc. beaten all of them for guys the last few weeks, it's a different peer group recruiting wise for us even if not all the recruits are top 150 guys. We've gotten the occasional in state guy with those type of offers, but to go into Virginia, Florida, PA, Ohio, and Texas and pull guys with those offers is something new.

Last edited:
Cam Chambers picked MSU over OSU, Bama, Florida and others. Nice. Big and tall Wr who can really move and has some outstanding hands and athleticism. Ranks as the #43 and #48 overall player in the nation according to the geeks at Scout and Rivals. Also plans to enroll early.
Chambers is a big win because of beating who we beat. 2016 is a long ways away and he may never enrolled but the decision speaks volume about our program

Chambers is a big win because of beating who we beat. 2016 is a long ways away and he may never enrolled but the decision speaks volume about our program

It's a good get for sure. Honestly though, Kaleel Gaines in my mind is the biggest recruit we are in in right now. if he picks us Monday night we'll have beaten just as impressive if a list if schools as we did for Chambers. Gaines is going to be a star in college and in the NFL. I'm no expert at evaluating high school highlights, but Gaines is a straight up freak who I have a hard time believing there are more than a couple high school DBs as good in the whole country. The coaches at Auburn, Alabama, and Florida State agree.

Gaines committed. Had a final 4 of Auburn, Bama, Florida State and Michigan State.

The #1 CB on our board, might play safety though.

It's a good get for sure. Honestly though, Kaleel Gaines in my mind is the biggest recruit we are in in right now. if he picks us Monday night we'll have beaten just as impressive if a list if schools as we did for Chambers. Gaines is going to be a star in college and in the NFL. I'm no expert at evaluating high school highlights, but Gaines is a straight up freak who I have a hard time believing there are more than a couple high school DBs as good in the whole country. The coaches at Auburn, Alabama, and Florida State agree.
Like notorious big said, beating motherfuckers like ike beat Tina.

Wednesday is "Spartan Day" on campus. Big recruiting event.

Visitors include:
John Kelly again, Anthony McKee (Commit Watch), Tyriq Thompson (Commit Watch), Michael Weber, Thiyo Lukasa, Josh King (5 star ILL DL), KJ Hamler, Josh Ross etc etc.

Several current commits will be there too. Kelly is a couple weeks from a decision, but we would take him as a WR.

We made MN Drayton Calrberg's top 2 with Oregon.

We made 5 star S Rashad Roundtree's top 6 with Bama, Auburn, GA, OSU, and Florida.

Back